Hello, I just bought a 3G iPhone, I came home and synced it to my computer, I have the newest iTunes and everything. Everything is working fine until I start to sync it with the backup I had of my 1st Gen iPhone. Now when the iPhone is booting up, it just freezes at the apple logo with the loading circle. On iTunes, the computer reads it just fine, in fact it still syncs the data from the old phone. But after like 5 minute it says the device timed out. I suspect the 3G iPhone is getting jailbroken data from the backup and something is not getting along. I dunno, I don't know too much about this. Anyway, I jailbreaked(Didn't unlock) using iLiberty, on 1.1.4. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Just restored, went fine, phone is working, going to try to restore back to the old data once again. *crosses fingers*

...I'll keep you guys updated. Maybe its just a bad phone?

Thanks for the help everybody.
    Last edited by SaNcTuS; 2008-07-16 at 04:25 AM.
    2008-07-16 04:18 AM
    Set the phone up as NEW, not from back-up and this should fix your issues.
    2008-07-16 04:21 AM
    But then how will I be able to sync the data from the old phone?
    2008-07-16 04:28 AM
    you can always wipe it clean and sync your contacts from your address book. Same with bookmarks etc.

You will have to redo your email and other such settings such as wifi passwords...
    2008-07-16 04:33 AM
    Hmm, I guess I can try that, Well this is still in the process of restoring. If it's a no go, I'll have to what you mentioned above. What I'm worried about is text messages, bookmarks, and contacts. But since I can syn the address book I guess that helps a little.
    2008-07-16 04:38 AM
    Bookmarks and contacts you should have no problems with if you have properly synced them previously... i believe you have to select the option to fully replace the iphone data in itunes. I have done it before and it works like a charm.

Saving text messages is another story, perhaps someone else might know how to back up those.
    Last edited by Decon Meiou; 2008-07-16 at 05:52 AM.
    2008-07-16 05:45 AM
    well I just restored my old iPhone and tried to sync it with the back up. Didn't work, same problem. So now I know the problem is that, that back up has jailbroken files and apparently they don't play nice with "virgin" phones...any suggestions? I have alot of important messages my texts.

anybody?
    I backed up my contacts finally. But I would still like to know if I can unjailbreak my back up.
    Last edited by SaNcTuS; 2008-07-16 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-16 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD