User Tag List

can some one please help me? every time i try to downgrade my brand new 1.1.2 iphone i bought 2 days ago to 1.1.1 i get error 1604. it stays in recovery mode and i use conceited software to boot out of recovery. can u please tell my why i am getting the error and how i can downgrade the phone again?
    2008-01-02 06:55 AM
    Try downloading the 1.1.2 restore firmware ipsw file from http://www.iphone.unlock.no/#restore-firmware-files and then restore your phone back to 1.1.2 (fresh restore) in itunes. If you can, try to use itunes ver 7.4.3 (as this is what i used on my week 47 OTB with the same problem as yours)

After restoring (not updating) to this, put your phone into DFU mode and restore to 1.1.1 again. It should let you do it now. You will still get error 1015 (but this is ok), and then use ibrickr 0.91 (if you are in WinXP like me) to boot it out of DFU mode, then do the usual number dial trick, prefs:, jailbreakme.com and then install OktoPrep in the 1.1.1 tweaks section under installer. After that, go back to itunes, and just update (not restore this time) to 1.1.2, and then jailbreak and you're done (except for the unlock which we cant do unless you have a TurboSIM or StealthSIM)

For more detailed information on the last paragraph, refer to the forums.
    Last edited by cheetah2k; 2008-01-02 at 08:08 AM.
    2008-01-02 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD