User Tag List

Hello,
    iam having a real problem with my iphone, if somebody can help me out please.
    My iphone freezez, then when i restore it using itunes to 1.1.4, the problem persiste even before unlock it, it works when its connected via USB to the Pc, when i remove the cable and restart my iphone it keeps flashing on loop startup.
    also it looks like the Power key is not responding.
    ANY suggestions or ideas please, i will really appreciate it.
    Thank you very much in advance
    2008-07-16 06:15 PM
    connect it to itunes and press the home and power button until it says the phone is in recovery mode, then try to restore it again.

......epic
    2008-07-16 06:20 PM
    i had similar issue, but you need to get it into DFU Restore Mode. That is the key, then restore it back to 1.1.4, and then u can jailbreak if u wish
    2008-07-16 07:01 PM
    Thnak you for your answers guys..
    i did restore it 3 or 4 times but in vain, it keeps doing the same problem when restarting the iphone, i am using Itunes 7.6.2 and try to rstore using setu up as new iphone to the version 1.1.4.
    when the restore is done completely, everything looks fine, when i remove the cable and restart the iphone, it goes to the endless loop again.
    All of this issues before even Jailbreak it or unlock it.
    Any ideas please with more details please, and if there is any soft i need , tell me which one.
    Thank you So much
    2008-07-16 10:30 PM
    The problem is itunes 7.6.2. You need to use 7.5 for 1.1.4. Try that, if you have a mac you run a script in the terminal and then install 7.5. If you are running windows, uninstall itunes and the apple mobile devices. then install 7.5. Itunes 7.5 can be found pretty much all over the net. just search in google

......epic
    2008-07-17 01:58 AM
    i did exactly what you said NTWIFORD, i uninstal itunes 7.6 and download itnes 7.5, then i enter to the DFU Mode in my iphone and i did restore to 1.1.4 using Itunes 7.5, But unfortunately that does not solve the problem, i still have the same issue, when i am done with restore, once i remove the cable, it goes for an endless loop boot, showing the apple Logo.
    i notice also that the power button is not responding.
    Thank you very much for you time, but if you have any idea or solution for me, that will be greatly appreciated, it really makes me sick.
    Thank you
    2008-07-17 03:07 PM
    I had one do this to me one time where it would just show connect to itunes and restart after like 1 min. When you say you are in DFU, are you showing a black screen or are you showing the connect to itunes image?

......epic
    2008-07-17 03:11 PM
    No its just the connect to itune Logo, and i tried to use Iliberty to get it into DFU mode, and i did a restore using that in vain.
    Please help me out, if you have any idea.
    Thank you
    2008-07-18 12:59 AM
    Alright that is one problem, you are not in DFU mode. In DFU you will have nothing but a black screen. To get to DFU the phone has to be off. Press and hold the sleep and home button for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds release the sleep button but keep the home button pressed down until itunes says it is in restore mode. Your iphone screen should be completely black at this point. I know your phone keeps turning on and off, but press the power button until it turns off. Then start the DFU process.

......epic
    2008-07-18 02:00 AM
    Thank you for your prompt answers, you,ve been very helpful.
    But unfortunately, icouldnt solve the problem yet, it seems like my power key is not working, so when its connected to the PC, i keep pressing the power key in vain, i tried all possible ways to enter DFU mode but with no result.
    i used Iliberty+ which has option to enter DFU mode and my screen goes Blank, and i did restore using itunes 7.5, but its the same problem again, once i restart it, it goes for an endless loop.
    HEEELPP PLEAAASSE
    2008-07-18 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD