WINDOWS ONLY!!!
    ok, you MUST have itunes 7.5 installed, GET IT AT FILEHIPPO

if you have ever installed 7.7, you must uninstall it completely.
    AND I MEAN EVERYTHING IN THE ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS FOLDER THAT HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH APPLE! (software update, quiktime, itunes, anything apple)

open itunes 7.5
    put iphone in recovery mode.
    then put in dfu mode. entering dfu mode is a little harder for some reason with 2.0.
    just do EXACTLY AS LISTED BELOW TO ENTER DFU MODE PROPERLY!

hold power button until it shuts off, keep holding power button and start holding home, when phone shuts off again, let go of power button, but keep holding home.
    phone will look off but eventually will be recognized by itunes

"iphone must be restored"

you will need to go to the download section on this site and save the 1.1.4.ipsw file to your desktop.
    now hold shift key while you click the restore button in itunes.
    select the 1.1.4.ipsw file.
    wait for iphone to reboot and setup phone as new (unless it says invalid simcard)

now you should have a locked unactivated 1.1.4 iphone.

next open iliberty (leave itunes open but ignore any popups)

click the "advanced" tab.
    on the bottom click the "available on repo" tab.
    you will need to select all of the following apps and then click download.

appsupport patch for 1.1.2-1.1.4,
    bootneuter,
    bsd subsystem,
    fix for no wifi, signal, bluetooth,
    fix mobile folder permission,
    installer,
    mobile safari patch,
    open ssh,
    relocate fonts and ringtones,
    and youtube fix.

if you dont see them in this tab they are already downloaded.

once they are all downloaded into iliberty, click the "local payloads" tab.

now select the "fix no signal, wifi, bluetooth" selection and only this one!!!!

then click the "go for it" button on the bottom right!

wait for iphone to completely finish and restart.
    should say "slide for emergency".

now in iliberty click the "other tools" tab.
    now click "enter dfu mode"

wait for iliberty to say dfu mode in the bottom right corner.
    iphone will show the connect to itunes logo.
    again hold shift and click the restore button in itunes.
    select the 1.1.4ipsw again.
    wait for iphone to fully reboot and show slide for emergency.

now, back to iliberty.
    select every app in the local payloads tab except for the "no signal fix"
    should be 10 items selected.
    click "go for it" again

(if you have any problems with iliberty not seeing iphone, try restarting iliberty, or itunes, but NEVER TOUCH ANYTHING WHILE THE PHONE IS CONNECTED AND RUNNING ITUNES RESTORE OR ILIBERTY!)

now that iliberty has jailbroken and activated the iphone, we need to unlock.
    iphone should say slide to unlock at this point, slide and go to settings. then general, then auto-lock. set to "Never"! VERY IMPORTANT!!
    NOW look for app called bootneuter on the springboard.
    open and wait for bootneuter to show settings.

no matter what the settings are,
    set:
    bootloader to 4.6,
    neuter ON
    fakeblank OFF
    unlock ON.

now hit flash, and wait. do not hit home button!
    this can take up to 10 minutes.
    when complete click OK

now restart the phone (OFF and then power ON)
    give it up to five minutes to connect to the cell provider. if after 5 minutes (outside, not in a basement) still no signal. restart phone again.
    wait 5 more minutes.
    still no signal, make sure auto lock is set to never, and go back to bootneuter.

this time set setting to the opposite of before.
    bootloader 3.9
    neuter OFF
    fakeblank ON
    unlock OFF.
    flash it.
    wait.
    restart. wait five minutes. restart.
    autolock set to never, go back into bootneuter, and now finally set the settings the way we did it the first time.
    bootloader 4.6
    neuter ON
    fakeblank OFF
    unlock ON.
    flash it
    wait.
    OK,
    restart.
    you should have signal momentarily. if after 20 minutes still no signal, let me know. i got another option.
    sorry so long, but this way worked for me!
    2008-07-16 08:20 PM
    thanks for the walk-through. Do we have to use iliberty?
    2008-07-16 08:33 PM
    tatoo - did you use boot neuter on the phone at an earlier date before the upgarde? I read something that the boot neuter method only works if it had been used before on the phone. So just worndering.

Thanks.
    2008-07-16 10:01 PM
    thanks for the walk-through. Do we have to use iliberty?
    i am not sure why you say it like that.
    you are only jailbreaking, activating, and installing bootneuter (plus a few other vital apps/fixs) with iliberty.
    they are all pretty much the same in this aspect.
    bootneuter is the unlock.
    it also helps (from my experience) to completely erase the bootloader and baseband like a virginize did for 1.1.1
    allowing you to easily flash the 1.1.4 baseband over it.

tatoo - did you use boot neuter on the phone at an earlier date before the upgarde? I read something that the boot neuter method only works if it had been used before on the phone. So just worndering.

Thanks.

i have done this process on one phone that had not been previously bootneuterd.
    it required a couple extra restores to 1.1.4 with a kiphone (not ziphone) fix ran in between restores.
    only select downgrade baseband and debug, DO NOT SELECT IERASE!!!!!
    not sure if that was what did it or if i was too impatient waiting on a signal!

i did two other 1st gens that had a bootneuter previous to upgrade and it seems the iliberty fix and the bootneuter down and then up was all that was needed.

hope this helps.
    if so, hit the thanks button!
    i got some warnings to make up for!
    lookin at u poseiden! lol
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-07-16 at 10:44 PM.
    2008-07-16 10:39 PM
    Awesome! i tried and tired with another method, no joy.

All the sudden with this, it works! i didn't even have to use KiPhone or Boot Neuter. It just started working!

Thank you! Thank you!
    2008-07-17 05:26 AM
    Hey man thanks alot for your post... sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this work with a 3g 2.o?
    2008-07-17 07:54 AM
    you forget that people who downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 needs to use Kiphone Here
    Mac or Windows

thats for downgrade the baseband before bootneuter, or you will receive error 5 with bootneuter.
    2008-07-17 09:08 AM
    Hey man thanks alot for your post... sorry if this is a stupid question, but does this work with a 3g 2.o?
    NONONONONO do not do this to a 3G

you forget that people who downgrade from 2.0 to 1.1.4 needs to use Kiphone Here
    Mac or Windows

thats for downgrade the baseband before bootneuter, or you will receive error 5 with bootneuter.

got your pm. this worked for me without using kiphone. u must use either kiphone or the iliberty signal fix or both. then use bootneuter to go back and forth until it completely flasehes.
    and if you notice i put the link to kiphone in my post above you!

Awesome! i tried and tired with another method, no joy.

All the sudden with this, it works! i didn't even have to use KiPhone or Boot Neuter. It just started working!

Thank you! Thank you!
    awesome, glad i could help!
    most of the time its the tricky dfu mode for 2.0 that does it. everyone is used to dfu mode lookin just like restore mode. but it looks like the phone is off!
    only way that you can tell if its truly in dfu mode is if it looks off but itunes says iphone needs to be restored!
    Last edited by tattoojack; 2008-07-17 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-17 06:33 PM
    wazup tattoo jack wat if iliberty says it cant rename da fix for no signal, wifi, etc.. download? thtz where im stuck
    2008-07-18 07:36 AM
    I just want to say thank you very very much for your instructions. I have seen other instructions but yours by far is the most detailed and easiest to follow, plus, it works!!!! I was just confused about installing those 10+ apps from iliberty, but everythign is all good now. Once again, thank you very much
    2008-07-18 07:54 AM
    wazup tattoo jack wat if iliberty says it cant rename da fix for no signal, wifi, etc.. download? thtz where im stuck
    You should probably try running the patched KiPhone app on it too. I ran KiPhone on mine a few times, and it didn't work. But after a restore the iLibery signal fix seemed to work. So maybe it's some combination of the two that helps?
    2008-07-18 06:32 PM
    You should probably try running the patched KiPhone app on it too. I ran KiPhone on mine a few times, and it didn't work. But after a restore the iLibery signal fix seemed to work. So maybe it's some combination of the two that helps?
    yeah in my experience, if one thing doesnt work, try the other, until you make progress. eventually your phone will get a signal. since everyone used a slightly different process to unlock their 1.1.4 it will be different for everyone to downgrade.
    this so far has worked on every phone i have tried, even if the process varied slightly.
    2008-07-18 08:53 PM
    after i download 1.1.4.ipsw file i get an error what is wrong
    2008-07-30 06:27 AM
    after i download 1.1.4.ipsw file i get an error what is wrong

please be a little more specific.
    what error did you get?
    what part of the process were you at when you got the error?
    are you sure you entered dfu mode properly?
    2008-07-30 07:30 AM
    I had to do the dfu correct because the phone looked like it was turned off then I hook it up to my computer itunes found it..then I press shift & restore after the file is extracting when its finish it says iphone "iphone" could not be restored an unknown error occurred(20) that what itunes says. Could it be my 1.1.4 file I downloaded but I got it from the modmyi site.
    Last edited by jordan19s; 2008-07-30 at 07:42 PM.
    2008-07-30 04:17 PM
    I downgraded my 2.0 to 1.1.2 with no issues via iTunes 7.5. Just a single click with shift-restore on the 1.1.2fw it was done full signal and everything. I'm on 2.0 again but I'm going back to 1.1.2 this Friday again as I can't live without installer and Kate .
    2008-07-30 04:58 PM
    i never heard of the error 20, what version of itunes and what operating system?
    2008-07-31 12:01 PM
    i got 7.5 itunes with windows xp operating system
    2008-07-31 07:35 PM
    i would try downloading a fresh copy of 1.1.4.ipsw maybe thats it, or reinstall itunes after you delete everything itunes related
    2008-08-02 02:56 AM
    where can i get a fresh 1.1.4 file from i got it from this site ...and everytime i try the procss over i delete it and get it back
    2008-08-02 04:17 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD