This is a very easy way to unlock the new version of the iphone otb. This will only allow you to jailbreak it, you can't switch the phone's company right now, there is no such software to do so, only hardware such a turbosim which you must pay for can do it.
    Frist make sure you have all of this software ready to go =) (save all downloaded files to an easy spot to reach them such as your desktop)

ibrickr(only for windows) which you can easily find here http://pxl.ibrickr.com/

iphone jail break 1.1.2
    http://rapidshare.com/files/72237156...-jailbreak.zip

iphone downgrade to 1.1.1
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...=1355&act=down

Ok!!!!! we are ready to go...
    Connect your iphone to your computer and wait for the screen saying to activate to come on to show, press and hold the top and home button for around 30 seconds until itunes tells you it has found an iphone in restore mode.
    Next step is to shift click restore and pick the 1.1.1 zip file you downloaded before.
    Wait for it to end,but it will give you an error, is ok it still worked.press ok
    After that is done go to ibrickr and right click and press extract, say yes to all... (remember the iphone must not be connect to itunes, eject device from itunes and close it)after thats done, click on the ibrickr extracted file. Now it should say reboot phone, and the ipod screen should appear red. after ibrick is done and says is now rebooted, close it..(DONT CONTINUE!!!!!)now that is rebooted you can acces the number pad, after number pad is reached follow this simple steps (remember since is a 1.1.2 otb dont try to end the video and unlock the sim it wont work, just get to the part after jailbreaking it and stop the video or keep watching if you wish)
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=6ewxIznogPk"]YouTube - Aussie iPhone Unlock: Unlocking in under 10 minutes![/ame]
    You've jailbroken 1.1.1, now go to the new icon (installer, and press all packages and search for okotprep, and install it) now we are ready to jailbreak 1.1.2
    Reconnect your iphone so itunes recognizes it again and upgrade to 1.1.2 by pressing update, after that's done eject device from itunes and close itunes, now run iphone jailbreak 1.1.2 (you must have the latest version of java, and just click on windows)just follow the instrcutions if is not already checked remember check ssh before pressing "jailbreak!". After done.... give yourself a pad on the back you just unlocked an IPHONE 1.1.2 OTB!!!!!

Since this website contributed so much to me and helped in my process i decided to contribute to help our fellow jailbreaks to enjoy their iphones to their fullest potential have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Rick2407; 2008-01-03 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Wrong link
    2008-01-03 08:11 AM
    After done.... give yourself a pad on the back you just unlocked an IPHONE 1.1.2 OTB!!!!!

Ummm Unlocked an 1.1.2 OTB ( Out of the Box )
    Lol! Serious? What about THE [Bootloader]
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2008-01-04 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-04 01:58 AM
    /\ i think he ment jailbroke. thats what the thread is about no?
    2008-01-04 02:21 AM
    dude read the thread is not about unlocking the sim, is about jailbreaking it, thats what's about
    2008-01-04 02:54 PM
    Another clear example of the wrong terminology being used.

PS: This entire guide is in the Guides section, and has been there for quite some time.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-01-04 02:58 PM
    dude what do you mean wrong terminology it says it right there on there jailbreaking i also explained before i started it "This is a very easy way to unlock the new version of the iphone otb. This will only allow you to jailbreak it, you can't switch the phone's company right now, there is no such software to do so, only hardware such a turbosim which you must pay for can do it."
    2008-01-04 03:01 PM
    Unlock = Allow a phone to be used with any wireless Carrier.
    Jailbreak = Modify iPhone's filesystem to allow Read/Write capacity.

Jailbreaking a phone is not unlocking it. Using a TurboSIM is not unlocking it.

Ergo your statement ""This is a very easy way to unlock the new version of the iphone otb." is the wrong terminology.

Sorry to sound curt, but we go over this time and again, and you are giving people the wrong impression.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-01-04 03:58 PM
    so does this work? can anyone verify?
    2008-01-04 07:39 PM
    I just jailbreaked my iPhone 1.1.2 OTB B4.6 by exact the described way. So I can confirm that it is working.

One little difference occurred: At the end I dident get a call any more, but the iPhone just rebooted itself without telling it to do so.

perfect, thanks!
    2008-01-04 10:12 PM
    I unlocked it too.Just be carefull with it of course :P. The call didnt come to me either i just waited a while the iphone booted and everything worked (and works) just fine. Please let us know when you have a guide for sim unlock too.MANY MANY THX

what do you mean by "check the ssh if not already checked"?
    Btw after i downgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 my bootloader is 4.02.13_G does this means that its not 4.6?And i can unlock the sim? Also when the unlock comes & i do it properly and will be able to call...does this mean i can use internet without wi-fi...You know i mean everywhere.
    Last edited by Shinji; 2008-01-05 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-05 10:03 PM
    I unlocked it too.Just be carefull with it of course :P. The call didnt come to me either i just waited a while the iphone booted and everything worked (and works) just fine. Please let us know when you have a guide for sim unlock too.MANY MANY THX

what do you mean by "check the ssh if not already checked"?
    Btw after i downgraded from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 my bootloader is 4.02.13_G does this means that its not 4.6?And i can unlock the sim? Also when the unlock comes & i do it properly and will be able to call...does this mean i can use internet without wi-fi...You know i mean everywhere.
    no Shinji, ur bootloader will still be 4.6
    unlocking with sim for OTB 1.1.2 has been on and off, didn't work for me...
    will have to wait, maybe by end of Jan with the 1.1.3 version out, we will get unlocking system out too for the OTB 1.1.2.
    2008-01-05 11:15 PM
    some pm or aim me thesk8tman24 and tell me if this is real!
    2008-01-05 11:42 PM
    Thanks a lot for your info.I am looking forward to it ...btw it is real

Uhm another question.I haven't done it 1.1.2 yet will I be able to do it anytime i want and jailbreak it? Or it MUST be done before 1.1.3 is out...And do i have to download 1.1.2 through itunes?Or i can download 1.1.2_restore.ipsw and press shift update? Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Shinji; 2008-01-06 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-06 01:17 PM
    Ok the fono was jailbroken than what....how do u make fone calls...skype?
    2008-01-06 01:31 PM
    I jailbroke 1.1.2 OTB yesterday but now I want to return it to the Apple Store. Can I just restore using iTunes? Is it safe to do so???
    Thanks
    2008-01-06 08:22 PM
    anyone can tell me, when i want to install the software of the jailbreakme.com it just disappear and goes back to activate screen? I did this previously and it worked but it doesn't work any more for the same phone. HELP!
    Regards
    2008-01-10 08:42 PM
    dude read the thread is not about unlocking the sim, is about jailbreaking it, thats what's about
    All i meant is that when you post information " Such as "You have unlocked a 1.1.2 OTB " it just leads people to think the wrong stuff "
    Don't Be Mad ....

Closed ForGood...**
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2008-01-10 at 09:49 PM.
    2008-01-10 09:26 PM
    hi all,
    i reach step iphone SIM free, i run the application, during istallation in progress i see the following message: "unlock failed unlock is currently unauthorized or unavailable for this phone. please contact your retailer."
    how to act with such problem ???
    2008-01-12 04:21 PM
    so.. i installed the 1.1.1 from itunes.

i get a messages saying error (4) and click ok

on my iphone is just has the apple logo with a spinning circle like activity is going on

i close out of itunes and open iBrickr and it keeps saying it cannot find my iphone...

***edit***

so i turn off my iphone and turn it back on.. and its still on 1.1.2.... hmmmmmm so i guess it did not install 1.1.1

help plzzz =/
    Last edited by survey_says; 2008-01-26 at 08:48 AM.
    2008-01-26 08:45 AM
    when I download v1.1.1 it asks me for a password to open the files, is this normal?
    2008-02-01 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD