I upgraded my wife's Jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone to 2.0 and all went smoothly. Everything seems to be working. Mine had a lot more programs on it, but shouldn't be much different. Upgraded and everything went fine....except for Mail.

I click on Mail and it acts like it is trying to load (white screen) and then it closes out. My Gmail account is set up, and was still there after the upgrade....but it doesn't work. I tried to DELETE the account, and when I confirm delete, it doesn't do anything. I try to add another Gmail account and it does nothing as well.

Anybody encounter anything similar?
    2008-07-17 06:11 AM
    Yes . I have the same thing goin' on . Although I had it before the 3G and transfered the glitch to it when i synced . I just haven't had time to deal with it . Interestingly : I totally re set my old one and the glitch was still there . Probably just reinstalled the fart after i dumped it . I'll leave a note if i figure it out . good luck !
    2008-07-17 07:41 AM
    i had to reinstall and setup the iphone as a new phone to fix the email issue
    2008-07-17 09:27 PM
    That did it for me to !
    2008-07-18 05:18 AM
    I had this same problem and figured out a work-around for it... The only other option is not restoring your backup and manually entering all your info again.

1. Restore with 2.0
    2. When you get to the screen in iTunes where it asks if you want to restore a backup or start over new, unplug the iPhone.
    3. Open Mail.app on the iPhone and add an email account. Doesn't have to be the email account that you are going to restore...
    4. Replug iPhone and restore your backup.
    5. You should now be able to open up mail and add/delete old accounts, see restored mail, etc...
    2008-07-18 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD