I made this video earlier today. It should help most people downgrade their 1.1.2 iPhone (or iPod Touch) to 1.1.1, jailbreak it and then upgrade back to 1.1.2.

[ame="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1021523/jailbreak_your_1_1_2_iphone_or_ipod_touch_windows/"]Jailbreak Your 1.1.2 IPhone Or IPod Touch [Windows]! Video[/ame]

Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by akasixcon; 2008-01-05 at 11:35 PM.
    2008-01-05 12:56 AM
    I want to do this, i just get this risky feeling that something will screw up and my iphone will be screwed up, is there a way to save my iphone if something goes wrong(I'm speaking very generally of course)
    2008-01-05 01:50 AM
    does this work for OTB?
    week 74?

well done though
    2008-01-05 02:02 AM
    I tried to do it like you said about 6 times and at the end i still have to restore it because the update button is unavailable

in your video before u downloaded the apps. installer u had no at&t thing and the bars but after u downloaded it from jailbreakme.com u got the service back..???
    i really need help downgrading my iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1,i have at&t and i updated accedently so i dont want to unlock it or something like that, i just need to downgrade it with out going through 70 steps!!
    2008-01-05 04:10 AM
    I tried to do it like you said about 6 times and at the end i still have to restore it because the update button is unavailable

in your video before u downloaded the apps. installer u had no at&t thing and the bars but after u downloaded it from jailbreakme.com u got the service back..???
    i really need help downgrading my iphone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1,i have at&t and i updated accedently so i dont want to unlock it or something like that, i just need to downgrade it with out going through 70 steps!!
    I forgot to show the video of me using the Baseband Downgrader. Just before the "prepare to upgrade video" all you have to do is download that baseband downgrader. Make sure you download oktoprep before you upgrade to 1.1.2.
    Last edited by akasixcon; 2008-01-05 at 04:31 AM.
    2008-01-05 04:26 AM
    by the way the movie is really helpfull, but it would be better if you done it in your own voice, cuz when the computer says the commands, it took me 20 repeats to understand it.

thanks alot!!!
    2008-01-05 04:55 AM
    Is it possible for an error to occur whilst doing this and get me stuck in Diagonostics mode or even Activation Mode? I mean if that happened could i just hit restore and have it up and workin normally again?
    2008-01-05 04:57 AM
    Woot woot. worked perfectly for me with an out of the box 1.1.2. took about 15 minutes? i got it on my first try, just tok me teice to get the jailbreakme.com to work, but other than that, beautiful. props to akasixcon !!
    2008-01-05 05:36 AM
    Woot woot. worked perfectly for me with an out of the box 1.1.2. took about 15 minutes? i got it on my first try, just tok me teice to get the jailbreakme.com to work, but other than that, beautiful. props to akasixcon !!
    question... so whats the version after you finished? is 1.1.1 or 1.1.2???? so does this whole process downgrades1.1.2 to 1.1.1 or jailbreaks 1.1.2?
    2008-01-05 05:59 AM
    question... so whats the version after you finished? is 1.1.1 or 1.1.2???? so does this whole process downgrades1.1.2 to 1.1.1 or jailbreaks 1.1.2?
    The tutorial aims to get you done to a jailbreak 1.1.2 iPhone.

It downgrades to 1.1.1, Jailbreaks it and then you can freely update your iPhone to 1.1.2.
    2008-01-05 01:07 PM
    perfect...thanks...i will wait for u to put the video up....it would really help me
    2008-01-05 04:39 PM
    There are some things missing in the video
    Like what you see... Click on the "Thanks" Button!
    2008-01-05 04:46 PM
    There are some things missing in the video
    ummmmmm???? like.............. whats missing?
    2008-01-05 08:48 PM
    When is the Video going to be back up I was using it? BTW a link to Iphuc or whatever would be nice
    2008-01-05 10:48 PM
    perfect...thanks...i will wait for u to put the video up....it would really help me
    The video is up already.

ummmmmm???? like.............. whats missing?
    some steps weren't in the right consequential order and some steps I have forgotten to include.

Don't worry, the newly updated video is the perfect version. It should work flawless for everyone.

When is the Video going to be back up I was using it? BTW a link to Iphuc or whatever would be nice
    The video is up already.

If by any chance I gave wrong information of some sort, please let me know so I can revise it.

I want to do this, i just get this risky feeling that something will screw up and my iphone will be screwed up, is there a way to save my iphone if something goes wrong(I'm speaking very generally of course)
    Your iPhone will never "screw" up. I've put my iPhone in worst situations by doing some things wrong and the worst that happens is to just restore your iPhone. This method should be fool proof.

by the way the movie is really helpfull, but it would be better if you done it in your own voice, cuz when the computer says the commands, it took me 20 repeats to understand it.

thanks alot!!!
    Oh trust me, you don't want to hear my voice.

Is it possible for an error to occur whilst doing this and get me stuck in Diagonostics mode or even Activation Mode? I mean if that happened could i just hit restore and have it up and workin normally again?
    If you have followed the instructions in the video there shouldn't be any problem. If you are stuck on diagnostics mode you can either A) Restore your iPhone or B) use the method I showed in the video. If you are stuck in Activation Mode, you can either do A) Download Appsnap and downgrade your baseband or B) Restore. Its really hard to mess up using this method.

Hey thanks man. I'm glad to help. It took me about 5 hours to jailbreak my 1.1.2 iPhone researching various different methods. I finally found the right method and I decided to post it up online so you guys can get it done really quick.
    Last edited by akasixcon; 2008-01-06 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-06 12:01 AM
    I did everything as the video instructed, at the part where you say "you are now free to update to 1.1.2" on my Itunes it gives me the option of "Set up as a new Iphone" OR "Restore from backup from (myname)'s Iphone) and the only button is Continue. What should i do now?
    2008-01-06 04:42 AM
    Thats your preference. I would just use your backup copy so you don't have to fondle around with the settings.
    2008-01-06 07:09 AM
    For that video what if I already have a At&t account?
    2008-01-06 10:40 AM
    Then u are happy camper...pay your bills and use your iphone.
    2008-01-06 01:35 PM
    Thats your preference. I would just use your backup copy so you don't have to fondle around with the settings.
    I clicked to use my backup preference but it restored my Iphone, so now i have to start over.

This was like the last step, damn, i'll start over but it's weird how it didn't let me just check for updates, it only gave me the option of either setting up a new phone or using my backup(which automatically restores it to my previous settings)
    2008-01-06 06:05 PM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD