Hi everyone:
    Sorry if there is a similar posting elsewhere, but I combed thru the forum and could not find any that asked the same question. My story is that I dropped my AT&T iphone and broke it. So I went to the Apple store to buy a new one (1.1.2 OTB), put it my previous AT&T sim card and went thru the whole process of downloading, jailbreaking, upgrading and jailbreaking again. Right now I have 1.1.2 jailbroken and activated but unlocked iPhone. I called AT&T and they told me that I have just started a new contract, even though I just replaced the phone only. I have an existing iPhone contract with AT&T from July. Apart from having to stick with a new 2 year contract, I have to pay activation fee as well. We all know this is unfair, but that is AT&T. So, I want to return the new iPhone to the Apple Store. Can anyone tell me how to restore the jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone? My goal is for the people at the store not to know from a quick look that this phone has been modified. Any advice about restoring or even fighting AT&T with the new contract and activation fee is really appreciated.
    Thanks in anticipation.
    2008-01-06 08:16 PM
    Why not just Jailbreak your new phone so the OLD SIM will work?

BTW The SIM IDs are on the box on the same label as the IMEI!
    2008-01-06 11:50 PM
    hi subway999:
    Are you sure 1.1.2 OTB can be jailbroken and used with existing AT&T sim? I thought you had to activate it before you could jailbreak. Can you clarify more? Thanks.
    2008-01-07 12:26 AM
    Nope

Purchased 2 Iphones myself from Apple Store 59th St and then downgraded t 1.1.1.(used indepedence to kick out of restore mode) used *#307# exploit to access prefs:// and jailbreakme.com Oktoprepd them and then UPDATED to 1.1.2 after that its just a matter of running the jailbreak.jar java program and VOILA inserted 2 Gophone SIMS and off I was.... just waiting for the SW unlock now

PS If you dont believe me look for the countless step by step 1.1.2 OTB unlock guides

hi subway999:
    Are you sure 1.1.2 OTB can be jailbroken and used with existing AT&T sim? I thought you had to activate it before you could jailbreak. Can you clarify more? Thanks.
    2008-01-07 12:53 AM
    Thank You!
    2008-01-07 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD