i have an at&t activated phone, and i jailbroke it last night while already running 1.1.1. the jailbreak went fine, but once my battery died and i went to charge, ive been having problems. i plugged it in via usb and got the red battery with charging symbol, so i assumed it was completely drained. after a while it finally powered on, so i went to bed. once i woke up this morning, the phone is 100% dead. i dont have a wall charger handy to plug in to that, so im not sure if that will help.

but as of now, if i plug it in via usb or to a portable speaker dock, i dont even get the red battery anymore. any advice? or is the wall charger going to be my savior?
    2008-01-07 06:05 PM
    you are what? Joking?
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------
    2008-01-07 06:10 PM
    i have an at&t activated phone, and i jailbroke it last night while already running 1.1.1. the jailbreak went fine, but once my battery died and i went to charge, ive been having problems. i plugged it in via usb and got the red battery with charging symbol, so i assumed it was completely drained. after a while it finally powered on, so i went to bed. once i woke up this morning, the phone is 100% dead. i dont have a wall charger handy to plug in to that, so im not sure if that will help.

but as of now, if i plug it in via usb or to a portable speaker dock, i dont even get the red battery anymore. any advice? or is the wall charger going to be my savior?
    you need to use the wall charger. The USB method of charging will not give you a full decent charge, based on the fact that USB power is only 5 volts and limited current.
    Get a real charger then try it. a iPod charger and cable will work, BTW.
    2008-01-07 06:11 PM
    my iphone was behaving similary, but not from jailbreak, i couldnt get it to charge no matter what kind of charger you used.. i just took it to the apple store today and got a new one for no charge
    2008-01-08 12:38 AM
    i recently plugged it in to the wall charger and it's been on there for about an hour now and its still not responding at all. i cant hard reset or anything.
    im just concerned because it was working fine when i jailbroke it, i even rebooted it a few times, plugged it in to itunes, etc just to make sure everything was working properly, and it was. but once the battery finally died, thats when the problem started.

ill try to take it to apple tomorrow and just tell them that for some reason its not charging.
    2008-01-08 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD