Being an idiot, I updated the firmware to 2.0 on my 1st gen phone when it first came out. Now that we have pwnage, I've been working on this thing for hours and still getting the same results.

When I restore the regular (locked) ipsw (sp?) it works fine but when I restore with the custom one, it says "unknown error (6)" on it. I just don't understand. It's plugged in and everything it just refuses to work. Anyone have any ideas how to get past this? I also was in Recovery Mode.
    Last edited by rlywicked; 2008-07-21 at 06:47 AM.
    2008-07-21 06:42 AM
    Did you let PwnageTool put the phone into the DFU mode or did you do it yourself? I had that problem as well and that was because I kept putting it into the Recovery mode and not the DFU mode. If there's the "plug phone into itunes" icon on the phone's screen, that means you're in the Recovery mode and not the DFU mode. In the DFU mode, the phone's screen should be pitch black!

If you're experiencing problems getting into the DFU mode with PwnageTool, you have to change a certain folder's name on your Mac:

[username]/Library/iTunes/Device ---------> [username]/Library/iTunes/Device Support

Try this and run PwnageTool again. Hope this helps!
    2008-07-21 06:49 AM
    No. It kept saying "Failed to go into DFU mode". Now I feel stupid for thinking DFU and Recovery mode are the same. lol. Stupid me. Anyway, I was looking through the files and I don't have a device folder.
    2008-07-21 06:54 AM
    Then creating the Device Support folder should do the trick. I was stuck with that Error (6) for a couple hours and I almost gave up and downgraded back to 1.1.4.

I forgot to ask, are you using PwnageTool 2.0.1 or the original PwnageTool 2.0 that came out yesterday? I think they've added the feature where it creates that folder for you.
    Last edited by chamcent; 2008-07-21 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 07:04 AM
    I'm using the one from yesterday...I think. I'm entering DFU mode manually. Let's see if it works now. lol. I've been working on this thing for toooooooo long.

Now I'm getting the (1600) error...crap.
    Last edited by rlywicked; 2008-07-21 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 07:10 AM
    Did a quick search and this came up:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ze-iphone.html

Good luck with the rest now. =)
    2008-07-21 07:28 AM
    It does recognize the phone after it does the extracting and preparing the iphone to be restored, it says the error.

I finally got it. The DFU mode was being screwy. Thanks for helping, chamcent!
    Last edited by rlywicked; 2008-07-21 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-07-21 08:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD