i have my iphone running on 1.1.2 jailbroken with tons of apps and yesterday i tried plugin my iphone in my cars deck to see if it would work because my deck is made for ipods and my screen went white and started to flicker all kinds of colors. then i brought it home after i rebooted it and it was then it juust started rebooting by itself but i would never finish rebooting it would bring the black screen with the apple then go off then it would pop back up again. i tried restoring it in itunes but i keeping getting error (9). what does this mean and how do i fix my phone please
    2008-01-09 04:55 PM
    Did you ever find out how to fix the problem? I'm having the same problem as you. I tried soft reset and hard reset and got nothing. I tried charging it on different charges (docks, laptop and computer) and still nothing. Anyone have any other suggestions?
    2008-02-27 10:03 AM
    have you tried restoring to 1.1.1
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs
    2008-02-27 10:05 AM
    Hopefully you didnt fry something inside, iPhones have been fired by alot of iPod docks because of too high a voltage
    2008-02-27 05:14 PM
    Maybe you can try by restoring firmware from DFU mode.
    2008-02-27 09:42 PM
    cannot get phone to restart after trying to download for winterboard froze on blank start screen with apple logo tried hard start soft start both toger but nothing works can anyone help
    2009-08-10 02:33 AM
    DFU mode and restore is your answer. In case you need it.
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    2009-08-10 02:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD