just finished upgrading/jailbreaking my previously jailbroken 1.1.3 (not unlocked) 1st gen iphone to FW 2.0 using Pwnage Tool, then restored previous data via itunes.

everything is as it should be (pineapple logo, cydia, wifi, etc.) EXCEPT that the phone doesn't seem to be connected to my cellular network or EDGE.

-it says "No Service" where the signal bars and AT&T logo should be.
    -in Settings/General/About/Network, it says "Not Available"
    -any attempt to make a phone call results in a "Call Failed" screen.
    -incoming calls go directly to voice mail.
    -the iphone SIM card works fine in my Sony-Ericsson phone.
    -restarting the iphone didn't work.

ANY suggestions would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

UPDATE: i tried running Pwnage Tool 2.01 again, but in SIMPLE mode this time - my ATT network signal is back - it worked like a charm!
    Last edited by dm_hawk; 2008-07-22 at 08:05 AM.
    2008-07-22 06:32 AM
    Me too . Please HELP!!!
    2008-07-27 09:51 AM
    did you happen to use expert mode by chance? If so... you might want to try going back and using simple mode.The exact same thing happened to me last night, and thats how i was able to fix it. Also you might want to try popping out the SIM tray and putting it back in too. good luck
    2008-07-27 10:37 PM
    where is this simple and advanced feature? im using winpwn and dont have service right now. how exactly did you fix this? thanks
    2008-07-28 05:16 AM
    where is this simple and advanced feature? im using winpwn and dont have service right now. how exactly did you fix this? thanks
    Im not sure about the windows side, as i was referring to pwnage on mac, sorry
    2008-07-28 05:27 PM
    same boat winpwn.. Now no service .. Installer and cy but nocell network just wifi
    2008-08-10 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD