Hi,

I have just upgraded my iPhone 1.1.4 to 2.0 and jailbroke this using the following guide:-

Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn first generation iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows - iPhone Hacks

I did a backup of my phone in iTunes, however when I try to restore it to get me notes back I get an error.

Luckily I took a copy of the notes.db file from the following location

var/Mobile/Library/Notes

However when I copy it back there I don't see any notes at all. Am I missing something?

I did do search on the internet and found a few suggestions saying it goes here:-

/var/root/Library/Notes

but this directory didn't exist on my old firmware nor does it exist there on the new 2.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Mark
    2008-07-24 10:54 PM
    I have the exact same question. Where the heck did the notes folder go? I can't restore my notes.db file!!!!
    2008-08-13 02:57 AM
    I just got this to work yesterday. What I did was to create a new note on the iPhone. Then I checked what permissions were set at. I don't recall what the value was just make a note of what it is. Then ssh your notes.db file overwriting the existing file. Check permissions on the file and chance if necessary to what the value was for the original notesDb hole that you checked earlier. Reboot your phone. Open up notes and press the menu to return tonktes list or press + to adnewnote the return to notes list. I forget exactly wahat I did here but all of a sudden my notes popped up
    Notes.db is in /mobile/Library/Notes
    2008-08-13 04:56 AM
    i'm on 2.0.1 so i'm not sure how it may differ vs 2.0 .. BUT...

here's where mine is located: /var/mobile/Library/Notes/notes.db
    with the following user/perms: -rw-r--r-- 1 mobile mobile 6144 Aug 10 21:36 notes.db
    2008-08-13 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD