I downloaded the app boss tools and saw a option that intrseted me, it was to prepaire to jailbreak 1.1.2 to upgrade.

So let me get this clear. I have a 1.1.1 iPhone, jailbreaked but not unlocked. If i run this bosstool preparation, and then upgrade via itunes to 1.1.2, my ipfone will upgrade and jailbreak?

Thnx
    2008-01-15 06:27 AM
    Why would you update? Just for the sake of updating? I'm running on 1.1.1 and loving it!!!
    2008-01-15 06:40 AM
    The sound voulume is raelly low on 1.1.1, my friend has a 1.1.2 OTB and it is VERY loud compared my 1.1.1
    2008-01-15 06:43 AM
    I downloaded the app boss tools and saw a option that intrseted me, it was to prepaire to jailbreak 1.1.2 to upgrade.

So let me get this clear. I have a 1.1.1 iPhone, jailbreaked but not unlocked. If i run this bosstool preparation, and then upgrade via itunes to 1.1.2, my ipfone will upgrade and jailbreak?

Thnx
    You saw correctly. It is the equivalent of oktoprep. It will set up your phone so that you can update to 1.1.2 and then successfully jailbreak again (can't break 1.1.2 without this)
    2008-01-15 06:51 AM
    1.1.2 i have jailbroken with all the apps and extra features that came with the firmware update so it was actually worth it to update to 1.1.2
    2008-01-15 06:55 AM
    What will I have to do to jailbreak it after I upgrade, will it do it automatically?

So basically all what I do is, prep the 1.1.2, upgrade to 1.1.2 via itunes, and I am done and have a 1.1.2 jailbroken phone? Also do all the current apps work on 1.1.2 that worked on 1.1.1?
    2008-01-15 06:56 AM
    Yep, this is a clone of "oktoprep" with one addition. If detected, it will "undo" the 1.1.1 jailbreak that is done using the /var/root/Media trick. The result of the 1.1.1 jailbreak is that your sync partition may be only 300mb. I use this because sometimes appsnapp is a ***** to get to install. But going to jailbreak.toc2rta.com first, then appsnapp works everytime for me. But that leaves the /var/root/Media as a link so I need a way to undo it. Bosstool does both for me. If you don't have the /var/root/Media link then it is identical to oktoprep.

By the way, I recommend everyone runs jailbreak 1.1.2 prep even if you're not going to upgrade. This way if someone accidentally upgrades or something, you're ready to jailbreak and don't have to restore. There is no harm having it there.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-01-15 08:29 AM
    You can just install OKTOPRP then update to 1.1.2 then run jailbreak.jar
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..
    2008-01-15 08:35 AM
    hey
    Interesting talks we have here.....lol....dont i sound like n CIA agent.:...LOL

Sorry ate a lot of free chocolates at a carnival.....LOL carnival....LOL....

Sorry
    ok

I have a 1.0.2 unlocked n jailbroken phone using in India.

I want to update to 1.1.2, shall I run the boss tool n then update with iTunes???where to find the procedure tounlick n jailbreak it after the update.?

Or will I have to satisfy myself by updating to 1.1.1 via unlocker site n its tools???
    2008-01-15 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD