alright, so load up itunes, plug the phone in, do a factory restore, upgrade to 1.1.3

still not sure if i want to do it. kinda like the jailbreak'd iphone. ;-)
    2008-01-17 01:40 AM
    Love reading the way you describe everything!

Kudos ..
    2008-01-17 01:44 AM
    short, choppy sentences are the best!
    2008-01-17 01:46 AM
    alright, so load up itunes, plug the phone in, do a factory restore, upgrade to 1.1.3

still not sure if i want to do it. kinda like the jailbreak'd iphone. ;-)
    Big decision

Love reading the way you describe everything!

Kudos ..
    short, choppy sentences are the best!
    haha thanks guys i do what i can
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2008-01-17 01:55 AM
    I appreciate your efforts, and myself have tried everything you have and then some- combining every possible firmware and jailbreak method. I had the day off so I figured why not.

That being said, the title of your thread COULD cause some folks to jump the gun thinking all they have to do is follow the "sticky" and they are all set with a working phone. Not trying to down-play ANY of your work, but you don't have a WORKING 1.1.2 because the phone itself does not work after a downgrade from 1.1.3. Period.
    Apples taste good.
    2008-01-17 01:56 AM
    ok can i upgrade to 1.1.2 after i installed oktoprep?
    "BIG DEE" -08-
    2008-01-17 02:06 AM
    I appreciate your efforts, and myself have tried everything you have and then some- combining every possible firmware and jailbreak method. I had the day off so I figured why not.

That being said, the title of your thread COULD cause some folks to jump the gun thinking all they have to do is follow the "sticky" and they are all set with a working phone. Not trying to down-play ANY of your work, but you don't have a WORKING 1.1.2 because the phone itself does not work after a downgrade from 1.1.3. Period.
    Yeah I know the title is misleading. I named it way too fast with no thought and even mispelled something... i hate mispelling. im not sure if im spelling mispelling right. Anyway, I would change it in a heartbeat if I could :/

ok can i upgrade to 1.1.2 after i installed oktoprep?
    Yessir. (not tested but dont see why not)
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-01-17 02:07 AM
    Anyway, I would change it in a heartbeat if I could :/
    I'm sure pf or cash could hook you up if you fired off a quick PM.

Either way, great work, it took ballz to try what you did. I know I was sweating hard a couple of times today myself and your first post gave me some great ideas. Cheers to you!
    Apples taste good.
    2008-01-17 02:16 AM
    I'm sure pf or cash could hook you up if you fired off a quick PM.

Either way, great work, it took ballz to try what you did. I know I was sweating hard a couple of times today myself and your first post gave me some great ideas. Cheers to you!
    You're prolly right... I'm sure they don't need to be bothered with all the spam PMs they're probably getting with the 1.1.3 update and whatnot. Anyway, a mod stickied the forum and he or she would have changed the name if they thought it was too misleading

I learned that balls and stupidity/recklessness are extremely close to eachother.
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-01-17 02:28 AM
    what if you tried tweaking 'Oktoprep'? That should be something to try. Lol i would try if I knew how.
    2008-01-17 02:45 AM
    what if you tried tweaking 'Oktoprep'? That should be something to try. Lol i would try if I knew how.
    As would I
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-01-17 02:53 AM
    ok how do you upgrade to 1.1.2 after installing oktoprep??? what i did was after i rebooted after recovery and everything was working..i went to installer in 1.1.1 got oktoprep...installed it.....and then i went to shift-click update then picked my file of firmware 1.1.2...i did that....it worked but when i went to i tunes....itunes said something about how my carrier wasnt supported and i need to insert an unlockd working sims card....so now im back to here...
    "BIG DEE" -08-
    2008-01-17 03:11 AM
    So, I tried jailbreaking in 1.0.2, and now my phone restarts, shows a yellow triangle, and a black background... The background changes to blue, and then I get that damned scrolling text. It keeps repeating from there. When I try holding the home/lock buttons, It wont properly put it in DFU mode. Any suggestions? Please

Brandon
    2008-01-17 04:47 AM
    ok how do you upgrade to 1.1.2 after installing oktoprep??? what i did was after i rebooted after recovery and everything was working..i went to installer in 1.1.1 got oktoprep...installed it.....and then i went to shift-click update then picked my file of firmware 1.1.2...i did that....it worked but when i went to i tunes....itunes said something about how my carrier wasnt supported and i need to insert an unlockd working sims card....so now im back to here...
    Ignore iTunes and run the Dev Team 1.1.2 Jailbreak

So, I tried jailbreaking in 1.0.2, and now my phone restarts, shows a yellow triangle, and a black background... The background changes to blue, and then I get that damned scrolling text. It keeps repeating from there. When I try holding the home/lock buttons, It wont properly put it in DFU mode. Any suggestions? Please

Brandon
    Careful timing is key. Have your iPhone plugged into the computer so you can hear the "software plugged in" "software taken out" sounds. Right when the apple comes on the screen (after one of the many endless reboots) hold down on the home and power buttons. The iPhone will turn off near the beggining of the scrolling code. When you hear the "software taken out" sound, let go of the power button and keep holding down on home. When you hear the "software plugged in" sound, your iPhone will be connected to iTunes and you can restore. (even though your screen will be off)
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-01-17 05:01 AM
    Awesome! Thanks! Back on 1.1.3. I can't wait until someone figures out how to jailbreak this damn firmware. I hate it. It takes my texts out of order. I'll send a message to someone, and it will put it as sent before theirs, and vise versa... it's annoying as Hell. chronological order is important to me. :/

Brandon
    2008-01-17 06:17 AM
    i knew that you can access iphone hard drive by ibrick, isnt as simple as download the lockdownd file and mode it?
    2008-01-17 07:27 AM
    I learned that balls and stupidity/recklessness are extremely close to eachother.
    It's a real fine line Keep up the good work.
    2008-01-17 11:30 AM
    im so tired after a night of messing with this FW... lol... only thing is i cant get my phone back because of the legendary no wifi problem. so i cant jailbreak 1.1.1... anyone remember the wifi-less jailbreak method for 1.1.1? LOL

Yeah, yeah, i knew what i was getting into... thats why i have a backup phone! lol
    2008-01-17 01:31 PM
    1.1.3 is killer...

i knew that you can access iphone hard drive by ibrick, isnt as simple as download the lockdownd file and mode it?
    If that was true we would be jailbroken.
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-01-17 03:41 PM
    Reading these threads and watching technology gurus beating the path to 1.1.3 beats watching premier league football and taking the girlfriend out for a dinner...
    2008-01-17 04:00 PM
370 ... 2345614 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD