Does anyone know if one has to virginize and/or restore a Jailbroken (instaled Apptap/Installer 3) Iphone running 1.0.2 before upgrading to 1.1.3?
    2008-01-18 05:14 AM
    As long as you didn't unlock your phone, upgrading will replace your system software. Meaning you do not have
    virginize and/or restore

Although I can't speak from experience, I've been running 1.1.1 since I first got my phone.
    2008-01-18 09:49 AM
    To jailbreak a phone is that not the same as unlocking a phone. Is jailbreak an aplication or is it the term used to describe a phone that has been set free from the dark forces. Or is it both?
    2008-01-18 04:31 PM
    Actually it has been reported that upgrading to 1.1.3 will bring any iphone to a virgin state, even those with bad IMEI or other problems . Don't have any personal experience in that, though !

Pakal
    2008-01-18 04:44 PM
    To jailbreak a phone is that not the same as unlocking a phone. Is jailbreak an aplication or is it the term used to describe a phone that has been set free from the dark forces. Or is it both?
    Jailbreak or Jailbroken = A phone that allows you to install 3rd party applications, and allow you to see/modify the phones files... Via SSH or IphoneBrowser...

Unlocked = a phone that has been modified to work on another carrier like T-Mobile... You have to jail break a phone to unlock it I believe.

If you are still using AT&T, and just jail broke your phone you can "update" or "restore" your phone to 1.1.3 no problems.

If you have an Unlocked phone working on T-Mobile or a diff carrier, and you update it to 1.1.3 you're pretty much screwed. It won't have service, and you'll have a 8 gig Ipod touch.

That help?
    2008-01-18 04:48 PM
    what if I have an unlocked iPhone now working with AT&T within an iphone contract?
    2008-01-18 05:22 PM
    what if I have an unlocked iPhone now working with AT&T within an iphone contract?
    I don't know why you would have unlocked it if you have At&t... but... in that case I have no idea.
    2008-01-19 12:03 AM
    I have a 1.0.2 iPhone that has not been jailbroken or unlocked. I've just added some customized ringtones, that's it. My question: What is the best way to upgrade to 1.1.1 so I can jailbreak my phone and then go to 1.1.2. (I'm not about to go to 1.1.3 yet)
    Do you have to do a Shift+restore? Or will a Shift+update work too? I have both the 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 restore files. Are there any known problems with doing this type of upgrade?
    Thanks
    2008-01-24 03:31 AM
    easiest way i found to virginize is... add i.unlock.no into your installer and download the virginizer kit. doing the ssh and all that other stuff was WAY too complicated
    2008-01-24 05:45 AM
    I didnt virginize and it worked fine. I was unlocked using Tmobile and I updated normally to 1.1.3 without virginizing and it went fine. My contract was up so I switched to AT&T and that was it.
    2008-01-24 01:58 PM
    Can someone answer this. I actually have a 1.1.1 phone that was downgraded to 1.0 and is jailbroken with lots of apps.

Can I just do and update like he says and I will still have everything?

I then want to then upgrade to 1.1.3 usung ibrickr

Anyone????????????????
    Last edited by silverzz28; 2008-01-25 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-25 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD