I just bought an unlocked iPhone off Ebay to use with Tmobile two weeks ago. And everything was working beautifully. This evening I connected my phone to my computer to update my iPod, and my phone did not show up - then iTunes told me there was a newer version and I should update I said ok. When I looked back at the screen I realized it was restoring my phone back to factory settings.

So Now my phone is a brick, all i can do is make "emergency calls". I have the image of the cd with the music note and the white usb cord. I have spent the last 8 hours trying to figure out how to jailbreak my phone. Everytime I download an older firmware I can't find it in my iTunes. My iTunes window just says the sim is not compatiable, I can't even get it to go back to the restore/update page.

This is my only phone and so I am so screwed if I can't get this too work and I am not a tech person, but I know how to read and follow directions yet everything I have tried iLiberty and ZiPhone have been unsuccessful. I can't get AppTap to install on my computer.
    Every time I load iLiberty it tries to put the phone in restore mode (which it technically is already in) and then nothing.

Can anyone help me please, I am losing my mind and I have literally spent the last hour crying
    2008-07-29 12:54 PM
    Sounds as if you restored to firmware 2.0. If you are using windows, then use winpwn 2 to jailbreak, unlock and activate. If you are using a mac then use the pwnage tool 2.0

There are several tutorials on using each of these softwares.
    2008-07-29 01:34 PM
    Follow this guide:
    WinPwn 2.0 Guide
    2008-07-29 01:43 PM
    uninstall iTunes 7.7
    install iTunes 7.5
    get your iphone to DFU mode (all black screen) restore to 1.14 . Use pwnage to activate / jailbreak , etc
    2008-07-29 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD