** EDIT ** I apologize everyone. I posted this in the wrong forum. The guide I posted below is for the iPhone and not the iTouch - regardless, if you need help downgrading the iPhone - check that post.

----------------------

I see a lot of posts with people questioning whether or not there is a working 1.1.3 downgrade. I want to let people know that your man Sidetalker has created an amazing tutorial for downgrading.

1.1.3 Downgrade from Sidetalker

You can stop at step 20, and that will leave your phone working with software/firmware 1.1.1 and jailbroken. - That is what I did, and I am jailbroken and the phone is working fine.

**Note**: If you want to save your contacts, make a Yahoo! account and Sync with that. After the downgrade, resync with Yahoo! and youll have all of your contacts back. Sync with iTunes and you'll have all of your music, videos, pics, etc.
    Last edited by dugup46; 2008-01-21 at 06:18 AM.
    2008-01-21 01:48 AM
    Hi there!

Thanks for your post.

So you are at 1.1.1 now and it's jailbroken? How about now using a StealthSIM or any other xSIM solution to make the phone function to work?
    Any ideas? Will it work?
    2008-01-21 02:34 AM
    Hi there!

Thanks for your post.

So you are at 1.1.1 now and it's jailbroken? How about now using a StealthSIM or any other xSIM solution to make the phone function to work?
    Any ideas? Will it work?
    Although I can not be for certain, I would think so. I used an AT&T phone with an AT&T sim and the phone function does work after using this tutorial. The only thing that he states in his post was this:

This tutorial is for iPhones with bootloader 3.9 (1.1.1 Out of Box or earlier). It will not work with bootloaders 4.6 and up (1.1.2 Out of Box and later)

Send a PM to him for any questions, I'm sure he would be more than willing to help answer. Be sure to hit the thanks button on his tutorial.
    2008-01-21 04:47 AM
    how do you do that on a mac tho? i cant put the iphone into dfu mode cuz the dfu.exe is a bonary file
    iLive an iLife
    2008-01-21 06:01 AM
    Humm boo Macs? I'm sorry - I just follow what information I have made available to me. This wasn't even the correct forum for the post. I would suggest asking your question in the iPhone downgrade area.
    2008-01-21 06:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD