Right guys,
    Im hoping someone on here has a solution to this!
    I was running a jailbroken, activated 1.1.4 iphone, which was done through ziphone.

I'll start from the top!

I decided to upgrade to 2.0, so i downloaded it from a seperate download site, i (shift clicked on restore ) and selected the ispw file. It all went through without a hitch.
    I shut down itunes when the activation screen came up and opened up ziphone.
    I clicked on Jailbreak and activate to which it stayed on entering recovery mode for around 20 mins so i stopped the process.

NOW
    It simply stays on the screen thats telling you to plug it into itunes, when i do plug it into itunes it says the phone is in recovery mode and needs restoring.

Even when i try to restore it back to 1.1.4 (again downloaded fom a seperate site) it comes up with error 20 ( the iphone cannot be restored. An unknown error occured)

I have tried using WinPWN to create my own .ispw yet cannot install it as ziphone, ibrickr and WinPWN are not recognising it, therefore i cant activate jailbreak or anything. Even though iTunes has it in its menu and needs to be restored!!

Any ideas guys would be most appreciated

Thanks
    2008-07-30 08:42 PM
    What you need to do is first create the Pwn'd .ispw, THEN restore using the shift-click method through iTunes with that Pwn'd .ispw

Problem solved.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-07-30 08:49 PM
    I created a PWN'd versin of 1.1.4 ad still got the same error 20 message??
    2008-07-30 08:54 PM
    If your using Pwnage to create a custom .ipsw file, after you create the file and BEFORE you close Pwnage....you MUST click on the "IPwner" button in Pwnage to "pawn" Itunes so it will restore using the shift-click method without a problem.

Follow the Pwnage directions EXACTLY as they are stated. FORGET about Ziphone. Pwnage will also activate the phone if you do it right. Read the directions. ALSO, make sure you have the newest version of Pwnage. If you dont, UNINSTALL the first one BEFORE you install the new version.
    2008-07-31 12:51 AM
    I decided to upgrade to 2.0, so i downloaded it from a seperate download site, i (shift clicked on restore ) and selected the ispw file. It all went through without a hitch.
    I shut down itunes when the activation screen came up and opened up ziphone.
    I clicked on Jailbreak and activate to which it stayed on entering recovery mode for around 20 mins so i stopped the process.
    ZiPhone does not work on 2.0. Use winpwn to make your custom FW and restore the iPhone. (make sure you check off on the appropriate boxes)
    It simply stays on the screen thats telling you to plug it into itunes, when i do plug it into itunes it says the phone is in recovery mode and needs restoring.

Even when i try to restore it back to 1.1.4 (again downloaded fom a seperate site) it comes up with error 20 ( the iphone cannot be restored. An unknown error occured)
    You must downgrade iTunes back to version 7.5. iTunes 7.7 won't work when restoring using old firmware hence the error 20.
    I have tried using WinPWN to create my own .ispw yet cannot install it as ziphone, ibrickr and WinPWN are not recognising it, therefore i cant activate jailbreak or anything. Even though iTunes has it in its menu and needs to be restored!!
    If you want to go back to 1.1.4, downgrade iTunes to 7.5, (remember to restart PC after uninstall) restore to FW 1.1.4, and pwn you iPhone.
    My Week 51 8Gig is "retired", currently using i580 on Boost Mobile. Yeah, I miss my i...
    Wifey's - 8GB 3G unlocked & jailbroken using blacksn0w, GO GEO!
    Also retired Week 29 4 GiG on 3.1 custom firmware & originally Unlocked & JB via WinPwn.
    Unbranded & Unlocked Custom WM6 Cingy 8125, R.I.P Cingy 8525 (WSOD)
    BB Bold, Miami Ink v3, v235, & an mpx220, all unlocked!
    2008-07-31 03:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD