User Tag List

Hey Everybody!

I need your help. I have an ACTIVATED iPhone updated to 1.1.2 via iTunes. I called AT&T and they allowed me to cancel the $20 a month service for Data (which I dont use since I have WiFi). So the phone is 100% functional for MY sim.

My question is: Is there a different way to unlock it since I already have access to the springboard, wifi, etc? I have the AnySim method and software ready. I just want to give the phone to my son. He has AT&T as well, but his SIM does not work in the phone. I don't really NEED it "unlocked", I just want him to be able to use it WITHOUT activating with AT&T and paying the $20 a month fee. Is this possible? Please let me know ASAP!

Thanks so much!!
    2008-01-22 09:43 PM
    iPhone is now jailbroken. Consider this thread CLOSED.
    2008-01-24 05:00 PM
    You and your son share an iphone? That sucks.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-24 05:43 PM
    Actually, I have 2 kids, and my oldest already has one. My youngest one has been doing very well with his first phone, so I am giving him my iPhone, and going back to my N95.
    2008-01-24 06:33 PM
    yes it is what you have to do is turn your iphone on and go to emergency call then type in *#307# and then you will either hear a ringtone come on or feel a vibrate after that backspace all that was typed in and type in 0 then it will either vibrate or ring and it will say 1 is calling you answer the call press hold then press decline you will get to the contacts page add this to your contacts add this in the url spcae provided prefs://1f save and add another url jailbreakme.com then press save and save the entire thing it will go back to the activation screen after that you type in 0 in the emergency call area 1 will ring do what you did before and go to prefs://1f connect to a wifi network then press back it will go to the avtivation screen and do the emergency call prcess again then go to jailbreakme.com and go all the way to the bottom and install appsnapp it will go back to activation screen totally normal make sure that before you press install appsnapp that you open itunes and you plug your iphone in or else this activation process will take hours ok so after you press install appsnapp it will go back to the activation wait about 30 seconds it will shut off and then roboot the it will turn on and you will have the slide to unlock and once you are done all you need to do is unlock must be done after downgrade to 1.1.1 do not try with 1.1.2 or else might brick iphone
    2008-01-24 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD