Try username root password alpine

where is the 300 MB, ive heard about this but i never looked around for it
    There is also an app called "cleaner" or something that will remove these files for you
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-26 03:53 AM
    There is also an app called "cleaner" or something that will remove these files for you
    oh yeah, i just saw that cool

hey does anyone know what the sms-migration-*****.db files are? there are a few of them at the root directory and the *'s stand for random letters.
    2008-01-26 04:00 AM
    there's a new installer and BSD subsystem update now.

it compensates with the changes 1.1.3 adds. they promise more apps working for 1.1.3 but im not sure which ones now work.

also did someone manage to uninstall summerboard? i still cant get it uninstalled.
    2008-01-26 05:16 AM
    customize isnt changing anything on my phone...

the only thing i was able to get it to change was the writing in the unlock slider and the writing saying enter your passcode. is anyone else having the same problem?

and does anyone know what image to replace to manually change the unlock slider?
    2008-01-26 09:32 PM
    i got dock to work in 1.1.3 and i have customize working fully except for icon hiding. now just for summerboard to work!
    i also managed to get summerboard to uninstall if you need help just PM me or post here
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-01-26 at 11:06 PM.
    2008-01-26 10:49 PM
    i got dock to work in 1.1.3 and i have customize working fully except for icon hiding. now just for summerboard to work!
    i also managed to get summerboard to uninstall if you need help just PM me or post here
    now figure out the wall papers lol
    2008-01-26 11:54 PM
    i cant get CuteFTP Pro to connect

i have OpenSSH

anyone able to help?
    2008-01-27 02:07 AM
    Anyone happen to notice their music no longer playing? I can hit play and pause on the iPhone but no music comes out. A few songs seem to be ok but most of them don't produce sound.
    mine is the same - i think it is drm that is won't play and non-drm that will - i presume it is linked to the ringtone issue?
    2008-01-27 02:10 AM
    Eik, I had the same problem with CuteFTP Pro. I fixed it by reinstalling BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH. Of course the username is still root and the password is still alpine

Hope it helps, if you need help with anything just PM me or post here. i'll be checking back here every now and then.

ALSO I have written a little guide on fixing the problem where some apps won't uninstall.
    such as Summerboard and Dock.

1: SSH into your phone and navigate to /var/root/library/installer.

2: Rename the installer folder to "installer old."

3: Navigate to /system/library/coreservices.

4: Download the SystemVersion.plist and open it up using word pad.

5: In the plist, find where it says 1.1.3 and change it to 1.1.2.

6: Reupload the modified plist

7:Via installer, install Summerboard 3.0 and uninstall it right after. Do the same thing with any other apps your having trouble uninstalling. (You can also install Customize which works if you do this, you just cant hide icons with it.)

8: SSH back into your phone and go back to /var/root/library/.

9: Delete the new installer folder and rename your "installer old" folder back to its original name.

10: If Summerboard and other apps still show up in the uninstall list, you can now uninstall it regularly.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-01-27 at 02:56 AM.
    2008-01-27 02:45 AM
    yea i have brand new of both SSH and BSD

but nothing :/

also, how do we install Customize onto 1.1.3 phones?
    2008-01-27 04:01 AM
    follow the guide above to be able to install customize on 1.1.3... you can use iphonebrowser instead of ssh to get the files you need to in order to install
    2008-01-27 04:06 AM
    yea for some reason i have a hard time with iphonebrowser too

it never detects my phone.
    2008-01-27 04:22 AM
    Hey there, maybe someone can help me out?

I soft-upgraded to the jailbroken 1.1.3 the other night. It works OK, and better with the fixes for EDGE. I can use Locate Me in Maps and drop pins and alla that. The one thing that's still messed up is Mail. There's actually nothing for Mail in Settings... like, the place to type my password etc. isn't there. How do I go about fixing this? I tried downloading the 1.1.2 Apple Mail app from Installer and that didn't do anything.

Any insights? I'm willing to try anything, LOL. I like my 1.1.3 phone, obviously except for the Mail app right now.

Thanks.
    2008-01-27 04:30 AM
    bigboss released a fix for this problem its avalable through installer the source is:

http:sleepers.net/~iphonerepo

eik try ibrickr v91? thats weird that it doesnt want to detect your phone... if ibrickr doesnt work you can use mobilefinder to rename the installer folder and delete and such, only problem is you have to get that plist on and off of it somehow.
    Last edited by iGotTheRiteTemp; 2008-01-27 at 06:03 AM.
    2008-01-27 05:47 AM
    i am using the unlocked iphone on tmobile but now the edge is not working since the APN setting are not staying is it possible that some how i can force the setting to stay ? so that i can use the edge
    2008-01-27 09:08 AM
    mine is the same - i think it is drm that is won't play and non-drm that will - i presume it is linked to the ringtone issue?
    I have the same problem. I cannot play purchased music anymore. This problem seems to be independent of the ringtone-issue (I solved it with the ringtone bug fix). I synchronized my playlists several times with different songs. It is even not possible to preview songs in the music store. I purchased one song as a test. It has been downloaded, but I cannot play it.
    2008-01-28 11:18 AM
    I have the same problem. I cannot play purchased music anymore. This problem seems to be independent of the ringtone-issue (I solved it with the ringtone bug fix). I synchronized my playlists several times with different songs. It is even not possible to preview songs in the music store. I purchased one song as a test. It has been downloaded, but I cannot play it.
    I took the same steps and am experiencing the same issue on tmobile unlocked phone. Songs appear to play but there is no sound, and when I try to pause and replay a purchased song, tapping play does nothing. Non-purchased music plays just fine.
    2008-01-30 11:19 PM
97 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD