I am not sure which forum is the best to post this in but here goes......

I successfully Jailbroke 1.1.3 and have everything working as in 1.1.2 except customize and summerboard. I have even managed to get google locate working (as long as I don't reboot).

I removed all installation files including the 300 mb file from the upgrade.
    I sshd into the phone and scoured every foder looking for extraneous apps cache...
    I have gotten it as lean as I can with 3rd party apps installed.

When I run bosstool, it tells me I have 17mb of 300mb on the apps partition left, and 227mb free in the other partition. However in itunes and in the preferences section on the phone, my free space is listed as 55mb.

Itunes also says I have 300 mb of stuff in a section called other.

So my question is where is that missing free space? What is in that other space besides a few GBA roms and why is it being reported as much higher than bosstool?
    2008-01-26 07:06 AM
    Dude!!! (Bud light Add) don't be (that guy) check installer before you post...everyone had the same problem...come you have an iPhone please tell me you not this dumb...INSTALLER!!!!!!!!GERRRRRR dum ****

ad
    Last edited by celltech; 2008-01-26 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-01-26 10:12 AM
    Hey dude thanks for the helpful post (facetious of course).
    If you read my post entirely you would know I reoved the 300 mb file and other install files as well. This is not the reason, for the missing space and the file on installer to return missing space is to remove those install files.

So please if you have something helpful to add go ahead but ignorance is not bliss in this case.
    2008-01-26 06:12 PM
    Hey dude thanks for the helpful post (facetious of course).
    If you read my post entirely you would know I reoved the 300 mb file and other install files as well. This is not the reason, for the missing space and the file on installer to return missing space is to remove those install files.

So please if you have something helpful to add go ahead but ignorance is not bliss in this case.
    mine show 193.1 other as well strange as the only things i have on the phone is bsd and ssh could it be that big
    2008-01-27 12:24 AM
    bsd is 6mb and ssh is less than 1
    so if you subtract them you also have missing bout 185 mb. Why and what is using it is a mystery to me.
    I am by no means a hacker but I did SSH into the phone and go into every possible directory and examine files and file sizes and removed anything that seemed extraneous but to no avail.
    2008-01-27 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.