I have just jailbroken up to 1.1.3 and I have ostensibly fixed the Google Maps disability by running LocateMe once. Now Google Maps appears fully functional, but does anyone know why this is so? Is Google Maps able to pinpoint new uncached locations? After hearing the upgrade-your-baseband-to-get-it-working thing, this is a welcome alternative. But does it truly fix it?

(btw...the hybrid map functionality is worth the upgrade by itself...as for the triangulation feature, strangely enough it pinpoints my location when I'm at home as being in the local zoo...)
    2008-01-26 08:31 AM
    I'm not sure at all why this is so, but I have read on other forums that this fix does not survive a restart of the phone; needs to be re-run after each restart of the iPhone ...
    2008-01-26 08:44 AM
    to get google maps to work 100% even after a restart you need to update to 1.3 so you get the new baseband, then downgrade to 1.1.1, then jailbreak, then do the soft update to 1.1.3, then delete the current lockdownd on your phone and upload the new one floating around.
    2008-01-26 09:08 AM
    just use iLocate from installer once and then google maps WORK!!! on 1.1.3 hybrid and locate!!! (Seriously I am I the only one who actually tries..I know.. but F***)
    2008-01-26 09:17 AM
    just use iLocate from installer once and then google maps WORK!!! on 1.1.3 hybrid and locate!!! (Seriously I am I the only one who actually tries..I know.. but F***)
    That's what I mentioned in the original post...are you saying that yours survives a reboot?

A good reason for knowing why this fix works is so that a work-around may be developed without having to do the baseband upgrade.
    2008-01-26 11:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD