hey i have an iphone in mac format... i wanted to know if any one knew if i could jailbreak it on a pc (using dev team method with this method)???
    2008-01-27 11:32 PM
    hey i have an iphone in mac format... i wanted to know if any one knew if i could jailbreak it on a pc (using dev team method with this method)???
    2008-01-27 11:34 PM
    I had to do this 4 times for it to work. First time I didn't upgrade 1.1.2 and restored it. After I started over I ran it through and I'd get to the end of step 13 and it would work but it would never find a signal. I just did it a 4th time and just about everything works. The only problem I have, which seems odd, is my phone won't store a password for my email. I put it in, and when I check my email it says go to settings and put in a password. Anybody have any idea what I can do besides do this a 5th or give up email on my phone?
    2008-01-28 12:06 AM
    This site has been very unstable for me all day, and its been very difficult to keep up with any of the threads. Could someone verify that this works with a jailbroken OTB 1.0.2, that has been upgraded to 1.1.1 and 1.1.2? If so where do I need to begin. I've used the Devteam jailbreak and it appears to be working fine, but I mainly want the google locate me feature and neither the navicon or Locateme app are working.

Thanks
    2008-01-28 12:32 AM
    Got it working. Thanks psybert.

EDIT: I'm able to drop files on now (new sounds, ringtones, etc, but I can not set up email accounts (specifically gmail). After setting it up, through gmail or "other" as IMAP and then go the to mail icon just tells me "cannot get mail. no password provided for user". If I go in and put in the PW, go to the home screen, and back into the account settings the PW field is blank again. Every time I reboot the phone I have to enter the VM PW as well.

Any Ideas?
    Hi, had the same problem as you with the error in itunes at the end of the procedure, what did you do to fix it?
    2008-01-28 12:43 AM
    Got it working. Thanks psybert.

EDIT: I'm able to drop files on now (new sounds, ringtones, etc, but I can not set up email accounts (specifically gmail). After setting it up, through gmail or "other" as IMAP and then go the to mail icon just tells me "cannot get mail. no password provided for user". If I go in and put in the PW, go to the home screen, and back into the account settings the PW field is blank again. Every time I reboot the phone I have to enter the VM PW as well.

Any Ideas?
    Hi, have the same problem as you with iTunes error after finishing processes, what did you do to fix? Cheers
    2008-01-28 12:56 AM
    I have screwed up big time.

Following the guide I upgraded to 1.1.3 but I must have done something wrong because now my baseband has changed too.

I have managed to re-jailbreak my iphone to 1.1.3 however I have no signal bars.

I am an O2 contact customer (non-iphone) and i was working fine on 1.1.2.... i assume this is to do with the lockdownd file opening me up to any o2 sims.

If i copy over the lockdownd files from an activated 1.1.3 uko2 iphone, will this work for me and enable me to run my own sim card?

last question.... anybody have one? or no where i can download one?

Thanks guys
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 - 04.03.13 Baseband... not working.
    2008-01-28 01:48 AM
    HELP ME SOMEBODY!!!

I was following the guid, and I must have gone wrong somewhere because my baseband has now been upgraded to the current one.

I have done the guide again, and I am now on a jailbroken 1.1.3 iphone. Except I have no signal bars.

I am a O2UK contract customer, but not the contract you sign up for when you buy the iphone. I was using my own O2 simcard on 1.1.2. I assume this was to do with the lockdownd file being replaced in the 1.1.2 jailbreak?

Has anybody got a lockdownd file form an official O2UK iphone, activated uprgaded to1.1.3 and jailbroken? If not do you know where I can get one?

Would copying the lockdownd file from a O2UK 1.1.3 iphone solve my problem?

Thanks!
    Jailbroken 1.1.3 - 04.03.13 Baseband... not working.
    2008-01-28 01:58 AM
    my phone now lock

i did everything you say it was good

but when i finished the itunes tell me wrong sim

cause i dont have att sim but pirat sim plz what can i do

can i continue from here with other tutorial

plz your help i need my phone working

thx!!
    2008-01-28 02:08 AM
    OMG!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! jk on the love part but seriously, if i was atheisst i'd call you a GOD!
    If my post is helpful, give it a ThAnKs!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    iPod mini 4g
    iPod Video 30g (not anymore, I will miss you =[)
    Jailbroken iPhone 7.32g
    2008-01-28 02:44 AM
    I have screwed up big time.

Following the guide I upgraded to 1.1.3 but I must have done something wrong because now my baseband has changed too.

I have managed to re-jailbreak my iphone to 1.1.3 however I have no signal bars.

I am an O2 contact customer (non-iphone) and i was working fine on 1.1.2.... i assume this is to do with the lockdownd file opening me up to any o2 sims.

If i copy over the lockdownd files from an activated 1.1.3 uko2 iphone, will this work for me and enable me to run my own sim card?

last question.... anybody have one? or no where i can download one?

Thanks guys
    The second time I did this I had a similar problem. I'm running an ATT sim card, but I had no signal bars when I finished. I redid the process all the way from the beginning two more times and it worked, except email won't acknowledge I put in a password. Good luck
    2008-01-28 03:05 AM
    Ive read through most post. But i would just like to get it confirmed. I have a itunes updated 1.1.3 iphone with the bootloader 4.6 This this guide work for me and still let me use my phone?
    2008-01-28 03:45 AM
    Ive read through most of this forum. but i would just like to get it confirmed. I have a itunes updated 1.1.3 iphone with the bootloader 4.6 . . will this guide still work for me and keep my phone working. ive read up about how people have tried to do this and their phone part stops working and it turns into basically a itouch. would just like to confirm if this guide works for what i have.
    2008-01-28 03:50 AM
    Read through most of this forum. Just want to confirm something. Alright i have a itunes updated 1.1.3 iphone with the bootloader of 4.6 , . . . ive read a bunch of places that doing a process like this will cause the phone part of the iphone to stop working. has anyone with the same situation as me done this guide and succedded. please let me know. thank you
    2008-01-28 04:03 AM
    Read through most of this forum. Just want to confirm something. Alright i have a itunes updated 1.1.3 iphone with the bootloader of 4.6 , . . . ive read a bunch of places that doing a process like this will cause the phone part of the iphone to stop working. has anyone with the same situation as me done this guide and succeeded. please let me know. thank you
    2008-01-28 04:07 AM
    i did the whole guide....WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH
    2008-01-28 04:16 AM
    i did the whole guide....WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
    2008-01-28 04:18 AM
    Why don't installer work now.I am on 1.1.3 and i keep getting a error
    2008-01-28 04:24 AM
    i did the whole guide....WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH!
    2008-01-28 04:24 AM
    ive followed all teh instructions and i decided to go with the dev jailbreak and well i also decided to go with the mmi dev jailbreak and i ran it i made sure everything was set to what it was supposed to be set and ive been stuck with running install script forever and its been doing the little circle spinning thing forever also ... and i guess what im trying to say is... is that the part thats supposed to take forever? cuz ive been stuck on that forever idk if something happened or if i have to wait longer or what
    2008-01-28 04:25 AM
384 ... 3456715 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD