very nice description.... actually i did exactly the same steps the very first day that nate released his menthod... and thought about writing the steps for the friends here... but just i couldn't put together what i did.... indeed nice discription.... I'lll hit you a thanks anyway
    2008-01-29 11:58 AM
    i believe it works for unlocked phones, which would say to me you can bypass the activation somehow. I have att sim too, but i dont mind it activating on its own
    Do you mean to say it works on unlocked 1.1.3 phone? I have tmobile active & inactive sims and cingular inactive sim. Can I use this method to unlock the phone without activating through att? Please help.
    2008-01-29 12:36 PM
    You rock. It worked better than anything else so far...
    2008-01-29 01:11 PM
    I don't think he could have been more clear than he was in the first sentence.

"This how-to is to end up with a perfectly working Jailbroken 1.1.3 phone for iTunes activated AT&T or other carrier-locked customers."

I am one of those customers so this is the guide I followed. If I wasn't activated through iTunes before, I certainly would not have used this.
    2008-01-29 01:13 PM
    I just wanted to let those who care know that I've tried this three times without results. When it comes to the last step to reboot the iPhone it restarts only to give me the bad sim message and is locked to the emergency call and the 306 code does not work. Guess I'll stick with 1.1.3

ps I didn't want to do this, I had a Jailbroken 1.1.2 that failed to update to Jailbroken 1.1.3 via Installer.app correctly.
    2008-01-29 01:45 PM
    I don't think he could have been more clear than he was in the first sentence.

"This how-to is to end up with a perfectly working Jailbroken 1.1.3 phone for iTunes activated AT&T or other carrier-locked customers."

I am one of those customers so this is the guide I followed. If I wasn't activated through iTunes before, I certainly would not have used this.
    I am carrier-locked. I'm using an at&t sim card. I never did an unlock. That is what I thought this was all about.

And the reasons I don't want to activate through itunes:
    - I have a $25 data package. It gives me unlimited internet, 200 texts and unlimited mobile-to-mobile texts. I use over 4,000 m2m texts a month and only 100-150 non att texts. So in order to suit my needs through itunes Id have to bump my package up $15 a month for unlimited texting.
    - Also, I work for at&t. After 3 months of working for them you are eligible for an employee plan, which is dirt cheap. The only thing is... you have to finish whatever agreement you have with them. So, Ive been with them for like 6 months. But since my agreement doesn't end until June, I can't move my number over until that contract is up. Signing a new 2yr would mean paying over $100 a month for something that could be 1/5 that price.
    2008-01-29 02:06 PM
    Can we maybe get this guide updated to have options for either Nate True's or Dev Team's 1.1.3 Jail Break? Right now it's only covering the Nate True method via iBricker SE.

Otherwise the guide is great, I may put together one for Mac because that's what I did mine on twice.
    Patrick McCarron
    iPhone Software Engineer @ Mobileage, Inc
    2008-01-29 05:54 PM
    Can we maybe get this guide updated to have options for either Nate True's or Dev Team's 1.1.3 Jail Break? Right now it's only covering the Nate True method via iBricker SE.

Otherwise the guide is great, I may put together one for Mac because that's what I did mine on twice.
    It will work withe dev team method. I did it on a mac but this is what I had to do.

-Restored to 1.1.1 in DFU
    -Restored to 1.1.1
    -Jailbroke 1.1.1
    -Oktoprep
    -Upgraded to 1.1.2
    -Booted with iNdependence (im sure iBricker will work too)
    -Jailbroke 1.1.2 w/ SSH installed
    -Installed BSDsubsystem
    -followed dev team manual jailbreak method
    -Booted with iNdependence
    -SSH'd lockdownd to iPhone
    -Reboot iPhone, went into recovery mode
    -Booted with iNdepenence, connected to iTunes = activated 1.1.3 and jailborked.
    2008-01-29 06:06 PM
    I am carrier-locked. I'm using an at&t sim card. I never did an unlock. That is what I thought this was all about.

And the reasons I don't want to activate through itunes:
    - I have a $25 data package. It gives me unlimited internet, 200 texts and unlimited mobile-to-mobile texts. I use over 4,000 m2m texts a month and only 100-150 non att texts. So in order to suit my needs through itunes Id have to bump my package up $15 a month for unlimited texting.
    - Also, I work for at&t. After 3 months of working for them you are eligible for an employee plan, which is dirt cheap. The only thing is... you have to finish whatever agreement you have with them. So, Ive been with them for like 6 months. But since my agreement doesn't end until June, I can't move my number over until that contract is up. Signing a new 2yr would mean paying over $100 a month for something that could be 1/5 that price.
    Chiperten I understand what you are saying but I still have one question for you. Were you iTunes activated AT&T before?
    2008-01-29 06:13 PM
    The downloaded 1.1.2 Jailbreak package is not the right one.
    Is there any other link that I can download it?
    2008-01-29 10:27 PM
    well..it seems i have the same problem as some other people on here, although i don't see the solution anywhere....
    The whole process went smooth, until the last step. I opened SSH and put lockdownd into my phone and changed the settings, and changed to old one with _old added. Now when i disconnect then restart my phone then reconnect, in itunes all i get now is the error:
    itunes could not connect to the iphone because an unknown error occurred 0xe80000022
    help please!
    2008-01-29 11:18 PM
    i had some similiar problem what i did was to shif click 1.1.1 until i got the 1015 error when i use the ibrick.09
    2008-01-29 11:21 PM
    well..it seems i have the same problem as some other people on here, although i don't see the solution anywhere....
    The whole process went smooth, until the last step. I opened SSH and put lockdownd into my phone and changed the settings, and changed to old one with _old added. Now when i disconnect then restart my phone then reconnect, in itunes all i get now is the error:
    itunes could not connect to the iphone because an unknown error occurred 0xe80000022
    help please!
    a lot of people seem to be having various problems with lockdownd. there has to be something where lockdownd's don't work with all phones. Otherwise, it makes no sense
    2008-01-29 11:43 PM
    ah damn, so that means i cant use this way to jailbreak my phone?
    2008-01-30 12:08 AM
    Chiperten I understand what you are saying but I still have one question for you. Were you iTunes activated AT&T before?
    No I never had an itunes activated iPhone. But it doesn't say only itunes activated iphones. It says "itunes activated iphones or other carrier locked iphones." Mine is a carrier locked iphone considering I never unlocked it.
    2008-01-30 12:14 AM
    help please!
    I am having problems also, something similar to the above, I complete the whole process, move the new lockdownd file and change the settings. Boot the phone, launch iTunes and connect the phone but iTunes now complains that this is not the orig sim. After a disconnect of phone and power down and power up routine the phone is back at the slide for emergency screen, can anyone please help?
    2008-01-30 12:16 AM
    when i updated to 1.1.2 i got the connected to itunes sign in the iphone is this correct???
    2008-01-30 12:30 AM
    No I never had an itunes activated iPhone. But it doesn't say only itunes activated iphones. It says "itunes activated iphones or other carrier locked iphones." Mine is a carrier locked iphone considering I never unlocked it.
    Stuff you'll need to have beforehand:

Carrier Locked iTunes activated Phone w/ SIM. (US-AT&T, UK-O2, etc.)
    2008-01-30 01:55 AM
    I just wanted to say thanks for this. I have been looking for a guide like this for days. I followed every instruction to the letter. It took right at 2 hours, everything went smoothly, and now everything works as advertised.

THANK YOU!
    2008-01-30 02:36 AM

I believe psybert addressed this in the first post. I followed his instructions to a T and now it's working perfectly (so far).

This method works with either Natetrue's, or Devteams Jailbreak. It's wrriten for Natetrue's, but if you wish to use Devteams, follow the same steps except skip 11. Perform step 12 first, and then proceed with the Devteam jailbreak. After the Devteam jailbreak, proceed to step 13.
    2008-01-30 02:43 AM
384 ... 789101119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD