I saw this someplace but couldn;t find it. Not sure if it was a sepparate thread, but I saw it somewhere before I actually did the jailbreak now I lost it.

Anyway, jailreak 1.1.3 went fine. I want to get rid of the 300mb (or so) file now. I tried the thing in installer called "1.1.3 Soft Upg. Cleaner" but is says I need to be running 1.1.[12] in order to use it. That makes no sense, but whatever. I am ok with doing it manually through SSH but I don't know where to start!

Right now my total drive reads:
    Capacity: 7.3 GB
    Available: 7.1 GB

I am assuming this is effected by said 300mb file, even though the difference between 7.1 and 7.3 is less than 300mb. I have loaded nothing else onto the phone (no music or anything really, other than SSH and locateme)

Thanks in advance!

Wow... does nobody know? I know this file stays after the jailbreak. has everyone just left it on their phones? O.o
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-27 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-27 06:29 AM
    The 300mb is the upgraded image in /var/root/Media/softupgrade. The softupgrade directory can be deleted as it is not needed after a successful update
    2008-01-27 06:52 AM
    Thank you kind sir. You have been awarded a nice and shiny "thanks"

Err I may have gotten ahead of myself... lol
    I don't seem to have that folder yet there is still space taken up?
    Does 1.1.3 natively use more space than the other firmwares did?

Strange... itunes ssees me as having 7.3 gigs available and 7.3 gigs total as well, so they match up there. gonna sync some tunes and see how it goes.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-01-27 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-27 07:30 AM
    Strange... itunes ssees me as having 7.3 gigs available and 7.3 gigs total as well, so they match up there. gonna sync some tunes and see how it goes.

2008-01-27 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD