Alright guys I've been reading up and theres alot going around. I mess with phones alot in the past but I'm new to the iphone (i'm back from the ages of the L7 haha).

So bought my Iphone and when I got it, it didn't even have 1.1.2 on it. I recall it upgraded itself. But I'm not 100%. My week is 41, doesn't that mean I've got the 3.9 bootloader?

My Itunes upgraded it to 1.1.3 before I could stop it, and obviously my modern firmware, etc. But, as far as I know, bootloader doesn't upgrade, that'd be an idiotic move for apple to do a bootloader upgrade....

So basically what I'm saying is what all these sites I read are saying are as long as you've got 3.9 your okay to downgrade since there's a 4.---- secpac (http://george.zjlotto.com/index.php/...pack-040313_g/).

I am familair with the procedure and they all say it's okay for 1.1.3 as long as you DONT HAVE an OTB 1.1.2 with 4.6 Bootloader (week 45+ right?).

So essentially my question is, I have a week 41, and I remember upgrading to 1.1.2 through itunes when i got it, so that means I have the 3.9 BOOTLOADER doesn't it, which means if i play the downgrade game I can keep my functionality (the phone portion)?
    2008-01-28 04:44 AM
    have a similar question, how do you fing out your bootloader???
    2008-01-28 05:41 AM
    Yes you are correct!! The easiest way to tell what your boot loader version is... is go to-settings-general-about then scroll down to your serial number, the forth and fifth number should tell you what boot loader you have. I think, but not sure that if your numbers are below 45 you have the older boot loader"3.9", anything above that you definitely have the new one "4.6"... Mine by the way is 40
    2008-01-28 07:22 AM
    dont know if that is correct, i just bought a new iphone and my forth and fifth number is "1" and "7"
    2008-05-09 12:10 AM
    Yes you are correct!! The easiest way to tell what your boot loader version is... is go to-settings-general-about then scroll down to your serial number, the forth and fifth number should tell you what boot loader you have. I think, but not sure that if your numbers are below 45 you have the older boot loader"3.9", anything above that you definitely have the new one "4.6"... Mine by the way is 40
    Hi, mine is 43 but when I run the BBINFO it's states that my bootloader is 4.6. I'm already jailbroken and unlocked on FW 1.1.2 so I don't know if that would change my bootloader... I've read that it doesn't but also read that it does so very
    2008-05-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD