So I decided to jailbreak my girlfriend's iphone for her. She was on jailbroken 1.1.2. I used the DEV team method, updated BSD and installer before proceeding and plugged into my mac and closed itunes. It updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken but here is the kicker..

After installing a few apps, installer would no longer install apps. It would say "installing package" then just crash back to springboard.

So I figured Id do a soft reset and see what happens..

Held the power and home buttons, as soon I got the apple logo I let go of both buttons as to not put it into recovery mode...however, IT DID GO INTO RECOVERY mode and so I had to restore and now she is 1.1.3 JAILED.

I also have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone, and whenever something has gone wrong or frozen I always soft reset and everything is fine. Apparently you can never soft reset on jailbroken 1.1.3 or your screwed. Im curious if anyone else noticed this installer problem or this soft reset problem.

Needless to say I won't be upgrading mine to 1.1.3 this jailbreak is just too unstable. If it aint broke, don't fix it I guess.
    Last edited by sailorguido; 2008-01-28 at 06:18 AM.
    2008-01-28 06:16 AM
    So I decided to jailbreak my girlfriend's iphone for her. She was on jailbroken 1.1.2. I used the DEV team method, updated BSD and installer before proceeding and plugged into my mac and closed itunes. It updated to 1.1.3 jailbroken but here is the kicker..

After installing a few apps, installer would no longer install apps. It would say "installing package" then just crash back to springboard.

So I figured Id do a soft reset and see what happens..

Held the power and home buttons, as soon I got the apple logo I let go of both buttons as to not put it into recovery mode...however, IT DID GO INTO RECOVERY mode and so I had to restore and now she is 1.1.3 JAILED.

I also have a jailbroken 1.1.2 phone, and whenever something has gone wrong or frozen I always soft reset and everything is fine. Apparently you can never soft reset on jailbroken 1.1.3 or your screwed. Im curious if anyone else noticed this installer problem or this soft reset problem.

Needless to say I won't be upgrading mine to 1.1.3 this jailbreak is just too unstable. If it aint broke, don't fix it I guess.
    You may not be completely dead in the water. There is a "1.1.3 --> 1.0.2 Downgrade Baseband" within the BigBoss Installer Source. It may be possible that if you can get the phone back 1.1.1 and run this package the phone may be saved.

Get to the phone restored to 1.1.1 and then read more info within the package. You will have to virginize after downgrading but at least her phone has a chance of working.
    2008-01-28 08:31 AM
    Common issue of people restoring in a panic is that itunes "restores" to the latest update. Always SHIFT+Click restore (windows) or OPTIONS+Click restore (mac) and direct it to the downloaded firmware file on your hard drive (all of these files since 1.0.2 are available in the downloads section!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-01-28 08:36 AM
    that keeps happening to me too. everytime i force a manual reboot, my iphone would go into recovery. i use the classical ibrickr to boot it out tho. and everythings bak to normal again. but yeah, it sucks.
    2008-01-30 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD