Hi guys

I was doing some reading into the whole kernel thing that people said was not updated in Nate's jailbreak method which will cause SDK apps not to work...

Well closer reading into the official readme of the dev team release showed me this :

Because this is a soft update, the kernel cache is not upgraded. You will
    need to ensure you are on v1.1.2, otherwise this will cause certain DRM
    functionality, such as Nikita (Apple's new software installer for the SDK)
    to malfunction.
    Now the claim made by A developer named johnathan was :

It looks like Nate’s update causes Nikita to break (Nikita is the component on the iPhone/iTouch responsible for installing signed software, such as the iPod App Pack and likely SDK apps in the future),” adding “We believe this is because the soft-update method that was released doesn’t update the kernel cache, so users are likely still booting into the 111 or 112 kernel, which is lacking the necessary DRM components to verify/decrypt packages with Nikita.
    AHA! See the lies? If you use dev teams method or nates method either way you are still using the v1.1.2 kernel when on 1.1.3 so this makes the claim that nate's method can break SDK apps invalid and total bs? imo yes. They only way SDK might break according to me is if people update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using nate's method...people who went from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 should be fine imo.

Now I am not against dev team or nate so this should not be seen as a flame war...im just an iphone owner who wants to know the true facts rather than baseless claims that may cause people unnessisary work of downgrading/upgrading and re jailbreaking 1.1.3 usig dev method.

Share your thoughts
    Last edited by vomer; 2008-01-28 at 06:58 AM.
    2008-01-28 06:55 AM
    anyway - need wait for final jailbreak, because this is not ful jailbreak, this is More Or Les of something... this is how it feels, i'm in 1.1.3, but i think, i go back to 1.1.2, because this 1.1.3 jailbreak from Dev and Nate is not complete, there is something hidden from us
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------
    2008-01-28 07:24 AM
    anyway - need wait for final jailbreak, because this is not ful jailbreak, this is More Or Les of something... this is how it feels, i'm in 1.1.3, but i think, i go back to 1.1.2, because this 1.1.3 jailbreak from Dev and Nate is not complete, there is something hidden from us
    the jailbreak is fine. Just that there is no unlock for the 1.1.3 bootloader which makes otb 1.1.3 harder to unlock.

For existing/upgrading iphone owners it should be fine.
    2008-01-28 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD