Hello all I found out a simple way to get summerboard and many other apps to work on 1.1.3

If your one of the people that get the error: Error firmware 1.1.[12] must be installed to use this app, I have found a solution for you. You must have SSH installed and have WinSCP or another program with the same capibilities.

1.) Turn Wi-Fi on
    2.) Connect through WinSCP or the program you prefer
    3.) Goto folder System->Library->Core Services
    4.) Open up systemversion.plist (right click on it and click 'Edit')
    5.) Now where it says '1.1.3' towards the very end of the text file change it to say '1.1.2' and now save it. It should automatically update to your phone. End your session and restart your phone. You should now be able to download most of the apps straight from installer instead of doing it manually! Enjoy!

Please post if you have problems i'll be glad to help you.
    Last edited by tlaniado; 2008-01-29 at 04:04 AM.
    2008-01-29 03:58 AM
    how do i get to the iphone using winscp sorry for being such a noob.
    2008-01-29 04:55 AM
    ok now what if you have summerboard installed but you can't see the icon and you can't uninstall to reinstall do to script error?
    2008-01-29 05:07 AM
    has anybody actually gotsumerboard or customize to do anything i have them bothnow and all the changes i make in them dont take affect at all, im also running iswitcher and it works just fine changing the themes and icons....should i turn iswitcher off?????

has anybody actually gotsumerboard or customize to do anything i have them bothnow and all the changes i make in them dont take affect at all, im also running iswitcher and it works just fine changing the themes and icons....should i turn iswitcher off?????
    Hacking gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside
    2008-01-29 05:47 AM

SORRY FOR THE DUPS THE SITE KEEPS CRASHING ON ME
    Last edited by coopersac; 2008-01-29 at 05:51 AM.
    Hacking gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside
    2008-01-29 05:47 AM
    i got customize from installer.. but does not do anything any idea?? i want a better dock for my JB 1.1.3 ..
    2008-01-29 06:05 AM
    This did not work for me. Any other suggestions?
    2008-01-30 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD