User Tag List

For those of you having problems with the missing EDGE menu i have uploaded the modified EDGE Setting file to put the missing menu back in the network settings.

The files are for all the ORIGNAL iPhone supported service providers.

The ZIP files contain the modified and 'OLD' original file incase of a misshap.

You will need to SSH in to your phone to change the file!

The download links are as follows and contain insturctions on how to carry out the fix.

AT&T USA

O2 UK

ORANGE FRANCE

TIM ITALY

T MOBILE GERMANY

APN settings for every network world wide GO HERE

(WORKS FINE ON A 1.1.4 iPhone)

Hope this helps.

Pegitt
    Last edited by pegitt; 2008-03-14 at 02:13 AM.
    2008-01-30 12:08 AM
    right on, thanks for posting this.
    2008-01-30 12:32 AM
    Worked a treat, Thanks alot!
    2008-01-31 12:29 PM
    Hi Pegitt

Please can you give the right link for Orange ? (il's just a copy/paste of the O2 one)

Thanks
    2008-01-31 08:33 PM
    Hi Pegitt

Please can you give the right link for Orange ? (il's just a copy/paste of the O2 one)

Thanks
    Oops my bad link fixed!

Thanks for spotting that.
    2008-01-31 08:54 PM
    at last i got edge menu
    thanks
    but still cant get edge to work with o2 ive tryed lots of settings aswell
    anyone got ant ideas
    2008-02-01 09:46 PM
    Oops my bad link fixed!

Thanks for spotting that.
    Thanks for fixing that. By the way, it didn't fix anything : my EDGE was still broken.

samstone1968 : try this, it maked me get EDGE working (with the menu)

I "ssh-ed" to my iPhone and replaced the carrier.plist with pegitt's one (yes, i clicked on the "Thanks" button ).
    Then I renamed :

/private/var/root/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle to /private/var/root/Library/Old Carrier Bundle.bundle

/private/var/root/Library/Operator Bundle.bundle to /private/var/root/Library/Old Operator Bundle.bundle

I then went in Setting... General...Reset... and choose to Reset network parameters (sorry my phone is in French, I'm not sure of the real labels in English... And I suppose your iPhone is in Italian :-)

And Boom!* : EDGE is working, the menu allows me to change apn to de-activate EDGE when I don't need it.

* "And voilà!" works too.

Cheers
    2008-02-02 08:57 AM
    Ive got the same probably of the EDGE APN settings menu not appearing, and I am unable to delete the existing settings as I am not on a data plan.

I am on o2uk, I am willing to give this method a shot; but the links appear to be down is it possible for someone to re-up the zip's

thanks.
    2008-02-02 04:20 PM
    no file for AT&T.....any ideas what happened
    2008-02-03 12:26 AM
    It works fine for me no missing files!
    2008-02-04 06:54 PM
    Hey I used this to re enable my 1.1.3 edge menu on my 1.1.2 otb o2 iphone with one side effect that I need help with

with the menu

APN:
    Username :
    Password :

if you press return you can scroll the form as normal but if you enter any letters say

APN: payandgo.o2.co.uk and click enter (or tap the next part of the form)

it exits to the main springboard

Any ideas ??
    2008-02-06 08:11 PM
    Thanks for this Pegitt, for those looking like me for the UK settings which I forgot after upgrading to 1.1.3 it's:
    In the UK - edge settings if you go to Home Screen> Settings> General> Network> Edge type ''mobile.o2.co.uk'' where it says APN then under username type ''faster'' and for password type ''password'' no capitals at all
    2008-02-09 07:18 PM
    Thanks for this Pegitt, for those looking like me for the UK settings which I forgot after upgrading to 1.1.3 it's:
    In the UK - edge settings if you go to Home Screen> Settings> General> Network> Edge type ''mobile.o2.co.uk'' where it says APN then under username type ''faster'' and for password type ''password'' no capitals at all

2008-02-09 07:23 PM
    2008-02-09 07:23 PM
    What does this menu look like? I just signed up for att last night so I have always been on wifi.
    2008-02-14 01:27 AM
    Thank you PEGITT
    2008-02-26 04:11 AM
    Hi Everyone

I work in Northern Italy and carry my O2 PAYG phone with me to recieve texts if needed which uses WIND as the provider here
    I have added the Carrier file to the Iphone as stated and I have the Edge settings as per the thread but when I set the phone to data roaming it states I not eligible for EDGE.
    My questions are as follows 1. Is it because i'm in Italy hence no Edge due to other provider?
    2. The phone was 1.0.2. from the US so I have not changed to Bootloader which I have no idea what it means?

I would appreciate some help or explenation if possible?

John
    2008-02-26 03:40 PM
    Unlocked and JB a mates Iphone to 1.1.3 and edge menu missing...no prob on my o2 to copy the files to MY Iphone but does anyone have the correct file to enable this for Vodafone UK?
    2008-03-03 09:58 PM
    Unlocked and JB a mates Iphone to 1.1.3 and edge menu missing...no prob on my o2 to copy the files to MY Iphone but does anyone have the correct file to enable this for Vodafone UK?

If he has an o2 iPhone then copy the o2 file to the phone and then put for the apn settings: ( internet) no username or password. it works fine on my Vodafone iPhone

BTW if it is an AT&T phone copy the AT&T folder, there is NO file for networks other than the one the phone was originaly set to.
    2008-03-03 10:25 PM
    thank u so much.
    i needed this.
    now my edge settings work perfectly.
    2008-03-06 07:36 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD