1. edojon's Avatar
    I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR THIS WORK... JUST THE MESSANGER


    Problem Resolved…

    I upgraded to 1.1.3 using the upgrader in the repository on January 30. I did not choose hactivation. The phone worked for a few minutes, then went into Recovery mode; but I believe 1.1.3 is an “improved” recovery mode. The message from iTunes is “There is a problem with your iPhone.”

    The hard reset (DFU) method has ABSOLUTELY no effect.

    *#307# does NOT work, but *#306# DOES - but it’s modified. I am only allowed to make one call, and there’s no backspace button by the digits.

    I CAN ssh in, but I haven’t studied the structure enough to know what’s right or wrong.

    iBrickr does not identify a locked phone, and proceeds to display directory contents.

    iDemocracy and AppTappInstaller Crashed on Vista. I am currently running AppTapp Installer 2.30 to attempt a restore to 1.0.2. It looks like a possibililty at the moment.

    It worked! It Worked!

    I have tried SEVERAL configurations of this restore, but what DOES work is AppTapp Installer v2.30 [http://www.nullriver.com/~adam/AppTappInstaller.exe] (standalone) on Windows XP home.

    Open iTunes THEN run AppTappInstaller, and as soon as the iTunes screen changes to the regular page (with restore or upgrade), close AppTapp and recover using the Shift+click restore back to 1.1.1.

    It worked. I have never been happier to see error 1015 in my life!!!
    2008-02-01 06:46 AM
  2. wine_guy's Avatar
    Dude, what gives. You just posted this already. I think we get the idea.
    2008-02-01 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD