So I'm a newb and I'm sorry if these questions have been asked 100x times, but I am trying to protect my investment!

I just bought a jailbroken iphone with 2.0 firmware installed.

What do I need to avoid to keep it unlocked and not end up with it bricked? Is it just a matter of not downloading a new software update?

Is bricking still possible?

Can I download Apple apps? Or do I need to do all 3rd parties?
    2008-08-13 10:06 PM
    To avoid locking the phone never upgrade your firmware in iTunes without seeing if there is a new jailbreak/unlock released yet.

If you have an iTunes account you can download from the App Store. If you don't have Cydia you will want to learn about pwnage (or winpwn) and start all over so you can have access to App Store AND Cydia apps.
    2008-08-13 10:14 PM
    Hey thanks! That helps a ton...

I have one other question..

I know the iphone is data intensive....but what apps use data? Is it just Safari and Youtube? Or do other apps use data as well? (I'm trying to keep my cost low...)

Bump?
    Last edited by Ltrey; 2008-08-14 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-14 02:58 AM
    well basically anything that requires pulling information, be that the weather app, maps app, cydia, etc, etc.
    You should primarily be sticking to wifi for these things, unless of course you have an official iphone plan, which it appears you don't.
    2008-08-14 03:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD