So last night I was browsing in Safari, and the phone locked up. I couldn't power off, so i held in both the sleep & home buttons. The screen showed a cord pointing towards itunes. The only option iTunes gives me is to restore, but i've never hit that button before, so I am worried. I also tried opening independence, to see if that would kick it out of recovery mode, and all i get is this error "Unsupported version of phone firmware installed.
    Detected version is 1.1.3" Basically I need suggestions on what to do, because it was working just fine all week, and now this. What should I do?
    2008-02-02 05:46 PM
    omg i have EXACTLY THE same...
    but dont bother trying to boot it because i booted it with ibrickr, and it lags and turns off as soon as u slide to unlock, then it just goes back to itunes logo...

i even got to settings once, so i tried erasing all media and settings, but still... im still waiting for an answer, but i think that im going to go back to 1.1.2 until sdk...
    2008-02-02 06:12 PM
    just out of curiousity, did you install summerboard last night?
    2008-02-02 06:16 PM
    YES I DID
    but manually... i downloaded the files and put them on... then i deleted them back off cz i dint like it and replaced any files that were replaced by summerboard... u think thats the cause?
    2008-02-02 07:59 PM
    i am just trying to figure out what caused all this, and i know thats the only change i made last night
    2008-02-02 09:03 PM
    its probably cause of that...
    2008-02-02 10:53 PM
    I had same issue and didnt install summer board. Was listening to music, put in pocket, took out 20-30 minutes later, had ITunes logo with the cord showing. I upgraded to 1.1.3 using Devs method.
    2008-02-02 11:36 PM
    restore 1.1.1 and work your way back up. This will fix any changes you might have done to the software. check my post for detailed instruction on downgrading and updating...
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx
    2008-02-03 12:29 AM
    i'm also got my iphone locked up at the recovery mode and a screen showes (please connect to itunes ) and i don't know what to do please advise asap
    2008-02-03 12:38 AM
    Hi,

i have a 1.1.1 otb iphone i updated to 1.1.2,jailbroken,and unlocked using anysim..
    i then used dev teams official upgrade to 1.1.3 through installer

after the writing image part,it showed the apple logo and then went into recovery mode,and im unble to kick it out of recovery mode using independence..

ive tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 then did the whole process again but same result..
    what should i do???plz help

thx in advance
    2008-02-12 09:24 PM
    Restore to 1.1.3 and use ziphone. Easy as pie.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-02-12 09:50 PM
    Restore to 1.1.3 and use ziphone. Easy as pie.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2008-02-12 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD