Tried with a 8GB 1.0.2 OTB (Currently 1.1.3), failed miserably.

Looks like I'm stuck with this peice o' ****.
    2008-02-13 07:38 PM
    after install phone worked fine now at 1.1.3 with 4.02.13 but you tube is not activated and some apps do not work correctly like SMBprefs -will not have installed themes and customize will not open ???
    and ideas ....Thanks
    2008-02-14 01:47 AM
    I cannot find oktoprep anywhere in the installer! I've installed Community Sources and it is still nowhere to be found. Not sure if this helps but Conceited software is not listed under sources. There is something that looks like it but it is labled "Untitled Source". And yes, I have refreshed multiple times. Can anyone please point me in the right direction
    2008-02-14 02:34 AM
    I cannot find oktoprep anywhere in the installer! I've installed Community Sources and it is still nowhere to be found. Not sure if this helps but Conceited software is not listed under sources. There is something that looks like it but it is labled "Untitled Source". And yes, I have refreshed multiple times. Can anyone please point me in the right direction
    I had the same problem just now. So this is what I did: Through installer I installed the BSD Subsystem, then BossTools. In BossTools they have a 1.1.2 Jailbreak prep similar to oktoprep. Then continue with the guide. One problem though, since oktoprep is not listed in Installer, neither is the Dev Team's 1.1.3 Jailbreak package so there isn't much use in continuing on. I'm planning on going to an un-jailbroken 1.1.3 and continuing when I receive word that the conceited software source is back online. Pretty crappy, I'm very disappointed.
    2008-02-14 06:49 AM
    I'm fairly new to this but have been reading about just jailbreaking 1.1.3 OTB. Is this the best guide or is the ziphone the better. I have a windows xp. I really want to jailbreak my iPhone please help me. Thank you so much.
    oh yea I tried the ziphone 2.0 I believe but once I finished the steps nothing happened. No installer app was found . Please help me!! Will be thanked!
    2008-02-17 07:14 AM
    I tried this method after getting inadequate results with ZiPhone. Worked perfectly the first time on my 1.1.2 OTB. Thanks effeXTC!

Edit: Summerboard and Customize not working. Fix?
    Last edited by iwillshowyouhow; 2008-02-18 at 05:46 AM.
    2008-02-18 02:58 AM
    Amazing Guide!

Made a dump mistake the first time, but after carefully reading the guide it got my to a perfectly working 1.1.3 jailbroken iphone! everything seems to work including youtube, i still haven't tried locate me though. Ziphone messed up my phone like twice, but this fixed everything!

Thanks!
    -jEA
    2008-02-18 05:47 AM
    if u already have 1.1.2 jailbroken, what is the best procedure to get to 1.1.3
    2008-02-20 07:32 PM
    Wait im lost am i supposed to do the process using the ziphone or the rest on the bottom. im sorry i just got my iphone and i think its pretty cool to jailbreak. and im prety new at this.. any help
    2008-02-21 02:02 AM
    do you jailbreak your phone after you activate it with at&t or before?
    2008-02-21 03:23 AM
    do you jailbreak your phone after you activate it with at&t or before?
    The guide states that you can do this either before you activate or after. I'm in the midst of finishing this guide (very well written) and I'll let you know if it works or not.

I had activated before hand with iTunes then did the jailbreak guide. If you look at the 1.1.3 step there is a "hack" option that asks if you need to "hacktivate" your phone which would indicate you could activate after you jailbreak it.
    2008-02-27 04:50 AM
    I just bought my 16gb iphone last friday and tomorrow night i will attempt to jailbreak it using this guide. I hope this isn't a noob question. Is there any downside to jailbreaking your iphone, as far as, will I be able to go legit once apple releases their SDK? I assume this will work on a brand new 1.1.3 iphone?
    2008-02-27 08:35 AM
    I gotta question, hope someone can help me...i purchased an iphone a while back. when i got it, it was 1.1.2. anyways i jailbroke it or whatever, and had installer along with a bunch of apps and games downloaded onto my phone...anways today i figured i would do the soft upgrade... the 1.1.3 devteam......my phone upgraded and still has installer, but all of my apps and games are gone, and i re downloaded some onto my phone, but they are not showing up on my screen? did i do something wrong? are the apps supposed to still work once i upgraded? how do i resolve this...i really need help! thanks....
    2008-02-28 12:34 AM
    Unfortunately I've found that after upgrading I was stuck re-loading everything again (this was with an iTouch at the time)

If you SSH into it you will probably still even see all the applications - just have to bite the bullet and install them again.

And.. my phone is working! Jailbreak 1.1.3 guide is awesome! I have a friend who wants it done to her phone now Thanks for this excellent guide - it worked without a hitch!
    2008-02-28 08:45 AM
    Help! How do I Downgrade From 1.1.4 to 1.1.1 with (Windows XP)?

*i tried (iphuc) entered filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900.xall.RESTORE.dfu and did it with capital O (didnt work)

*I also tried ziphone and all it did is put a zibri blog on my phone

Please Help (Very Confused)
    2008-02-29 06:06 PM
    Well i'm happy to say i'm the owner of an Apple Iphone 16GB, jailbreaked using this GREAT guide. I also did a friends iphone right after.

p.s. Can I just uprade to 1.1.4 or will that un-jailbreak me? And if so, how do i accomplish upgrading?
    2008-03-01 08:06 AM
    my sound doesnt work i even followed the rest the settings but still nothing, how can i fix this?! help!
    2008-03-02 11:29 PM
    I was drunk the other night and thought that maybe the Guitar Hero Skin for TTR would be working now on a 1.1.3 jailbroke phone. Well it didnt and long story short, I had to update to 1.1.4 and jailbroke it with the new Zibrini method(the one where you plug and go) I have playing around with this jailbreak and I dont like it. I want to go back and and break it the way I had before(The Dev Teams).
    I tried 4 times but kept on getting an error message when updating to 1.1.2. It says that oktoprep was not installed. It was installed. I'm on a mac using iDependence to boot me back up. I followed the guide posted here. I've done it before in the past(4xs)
    Also I have broken the phone but was unable to find the tweaks for 1.1.1, but later found out that you have in install community sources for those to show up.
    Are some sources missing because of the SDK pending release?
    Does this method still work?
    If I did the plug and break method(Zibrini) can I not revert back to The Devs Team method?
    I want my old iPhone back.

ps. MOO808 has no sound for me.
    2008-03-03 03:32 PM
    I've used ZiPhone (jailbreak only) on both my daughters OTB 1.1.2 and my 1.0.2 upgraded to 1.1.4 (Both on AT&T) and get the Installer on the iPhone, loaded the installer update, installed OpenSSH and got WinSCP running and was able to update the phone manually, but whenever I try and use iPhoneBrowser 1.5.2.0 it says "iPhone is connected, not jailbroken" in the bottom left corner with both phones and I can only see DCIM, Downloads,Photos and iTunes_Control.
    I've spent 2 days now reading threads to try and figure this out and done multiple updates and restores but just can't seem to work it out.
    I would really like to use the GUI to drop files. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.
    2008-03-04 09:13 PM
    hello ppl,
    I got 8GB iphone in january 08, i was very excited to own it..Then as time passed i came to know of the lack of features (which really drove me crazy!!) .

guys, how do you find out what version of iphone you have when you bought it first? Coz, when i bought it from apple store, i upgraded to 1.1.3 same night and i dont think i saw what version it was(as when i connected it to itunes it asked to perform an upgrade).Now i want to jailbreak and unlock, i have already activated and its working fine with native 1.1.3.
    details- network-AT&T data plan w/2 yr contract
    version- 1.1.3(4A93)
    model-MA712LL
    I ve downloaded ZiPhone 2.5 for windows but havent used it yet(i m bit scared that i wud brick it)
    Please help this newbie jailbreakin and unlocking!!
    Last edited by wandalensh; 2008-03-06 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-03-06 07:01 PM
327 ... 614151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD