is there a reason you skipped that first part. its a significant part of the process.

and also, your applications will be gone (except the core applications). is that what you meant? you're just going to have to reinstall them
    I don't want to do the first step, as I don't want to upgrade my modem baseband. I should also clarify that I lost _every_ application, not just 3rd party ones, but SMS, Phone, iPod, Safari, etc.
    2008-02-04 03:40 PM
    I did this to mines the other day, before this updated guide came out. I did everything as the last guide suggested, but when i got to 1.1.2 jailbroken, i just did the 1.1.3 Official Upgrader on Installer. I actually said YES to both questions in the Upgrader. When I got to the end, I just uploaded the original lockdownd file as said in the previous guide. Everything works perfectly fine, I actually didn't loose all of my texts, notes, calender events, and call history.
    2008-02-04 03:40 PM
    So it looks like my
    plea for help was totally ignored. Anyone know an answer?

well I just did everything and now I'm on 1.3 but my phone part is not working. And iTunes gave me no option to activate. But also I don't want to activate thru iTunes because I don't want to add the iPhone package. Is there anyway to activate it and be able to use my existing AT&T sim without having to activate thru I tunes? Thanks for the info guys
    2008-02-04 03:44 PM
    So it looks like my
    plea for help was totally ignored. Anyone know an answer?
    I apologize. It seems this is more hectic than I imagined. I would like to think you were over looked rather than ignored.

You're going to have to run through it all again. But please note, this guide was intended for those people that are on AT&T and have an iPhone plan.

My understanding is, the Hactivation part of the Official Dev Team's jailbreak is to circumvent activation. So, once you get to the Hactivation question, say yes.

But keep in mind, I'm not sure of what the out come will be since you don't have an iPhone plan. I'm curious as to what happens though.
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-04 at 03:54 PM.
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!
    2008-02-04 03:52 PM
    Has anyone tried this with StealthSim?
    Do we know if the StealthSim will work with the 1.1.3 baseband?
    I know most had said that it will not but was this tried by anyone?

Ben,
    Has anyone answered this question yet?
    2008-02-04 04:00 PM
    i did hit the yes key when it came to the hactivation question and then no to the second question. My phone is active i just cant get a signal at all. with either of my att sim cards. it just wont pick up a signal.
    2008-02-04 04:02 PM
    This is an updated guide to have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone with everything in the 1.1.3 update working with no "fixes". It will be cut and dry, just as the jailbreak for OTB 1.1.2 was.

Note: This is for the the Official Dev Team Upgrader "-3" Version

Requirements:
    [LIST]
    [*]Windows XP

You're Done!!!!

That sould be all! Please let me know if there is anything I missed.

Is there a decent Mac version for doing this?
    i treied this using a few of the proceedures aroud for the Mac, and all I could do, was to go back and restore 1.1.3, still jailed.
    2008-02-04 04:12 PM
    Many thanks to all who helped me. I finally got it working after the big SNAFU I made for myself by restoring 1.1.2 rather than UPDATING.

A couple of notes for others. While doing and redoing this I came across some errors I wasn't prepared for and you should watch for while following these instructions. Make sure you are getting an error code 1015 and not some other error code before you use ibrickr to boot your phone. I found I was getting 1603 and 1604 error codes. If you do get these, you need to go into Administrative tools and then Services and stop and then restart Apple mobile device. This cleared up the problem with iTunes not restoring/uploading the files to the phone.

After I installed the Official 1.1.3 upgrader I found I didn't have to wait ten or fifteen minutes to reboot. It rebooted right away after upgrading the image. It did take forever for it to download, extract, decrypt, etc. before it rebooted the phone, but it did reboot right away and then whammo, I was ready to connect to itunes. It activated instantly, then I synced the phone. Now I'm happily running 1.1.3 with Installer on it! Woot!

Thanks again.
    Thanks for the info on Error 1603 and 1604. I added a Known Error Codes section to the guide with the solutions.

i did hit the yes key when it came to the hactivation question and then no to the second question. My phone is active i just cant get a signal at all. with either of my att sim cards. it just wont pick up a signal.
    Try resetting your network settings.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network Settings.

I'm not sure if it will work, but its about the only thing I can think of right now in your situation.
    Last edited by EffeXTC; 2008-02-04 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 8GB 1.1.3 Jailbroken

If I helped you out any, please Thank me!
    2008-02-04 04:30 PM
    so if i have jailbreak 1.1.2 phone do i just need to do the appsnap install?
    2008-02-04 04:51 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive tried downloading the Offical Dev update via my jailbroken 1.1.2 from Installer and it downloaded properly and installed. After it installed the screen went blank for like 3 minutes then it reboted. After the rebot it started up at the connect to iTunes screen with an emergency slider but it also showed that I had service and connected to Wi-Fi. So I connected to iTunes it said my iPhone was damaged take to Apple store. So I downgraded back to 1.1.2 jailbroke. I am a legit AT&T user. Anyone have any idea why this would happen?
    2008-02-04 05:29 PM
    This looks like a really well put together guide, but I have one question, I have a 1.1.2 OTB iPhone with the 4.6 bootloader, and have 1.1.3 now on the phone. Will this guide work with my phone?
    2008-02-04 07:13 PM
    UPDATE: So after everything is all said and done, I am now jailbroken and on 1.1.3!!! EffeXTC thank you for this great guide. It saved me a lot of time looking for all this information and you made it very dummy proof. I do think you may need to add something though....

"Jailbreaking 1.1.1

Here, we are going to jailbreak 1.1.1.

1. Slide the Slide for emergency bar to get to the number pad.
    2. Dial *#306# and call, then hang up.
    3. Slide the Slide for emergency bar again."

Between steps 2 and 3 you should let people know that after dialing *#306#, your phone may display the Please Wait... message for a long time. And let people know to just be patient.

Also if anybody has completed this guide recently and everything is working fine (which it should because EffeXTC wrote an amazing guide) and you get an error message " Error package download failed!" when trying to download something from installer, Check this thread out http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29219.

I am currently dealing with the error message myself.

But other than that everything went smooth and once again EffeXTC thank you!!
    2008-02-04 07:34 PM
    Here's a dumb question: Does this work on vista?
    2008-02-04 07:37 PM
    Here's a dumb question: Does this work on vista?
    I wouldn't see why not!!
    2008-02-04 07:40 PM
    I'm still getting the "error code 1" when downgrading to 1.1.1. Can someone please help me. I have put the phone in DFU mode three different ways and it still won't work.
    2008-02-04 09:41 PM
    when you extract the zip files: 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, etc., to their respected folders it extracts a number of files. when you "shift + click restore", which file do you point itunes to??
    2008-02-04 09:53 PM
    So will this method work if my phone has already been activated with AT&T? It just seems like every jailbreaking method I find will only work if your phone hasn't been activated yet. I dunno, maybe I'm just missing something. :P
    2008-02-04 09:54 PM
    Hey,

I've just followed the steps to a T and I have the jailbroken 1.1.3 phone but I am getting "NO SERVICE.."

I had an at&t activated phone prior to this. Any ideas?
    2008-02-04 10:14 PM
    Well i finally gave up on this. This method will not work if you dont activate thru itunes. So you have to add the iphone data plam.The only thing hactivation does is activate the phone but not the actual service and calling part. Same things was wrong with mine. so i just decided to stick with 1.1.2 and wait it out. So the only other way is by upgrading thru the nate true way. Good luck everyone.
    2008-02-04 11:15 PM
    From 1.1.2, I shift+click restored to 1.1.3 and it went through fine. Then I did the shift+click restore to 1.1.1 and get the "error code 1" every time.
    2008-02-04 11:17 PM
327 ... 2345614 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD