UPDATE: I understand that Nate's Jailbreak is, in general, easier and less buggy for the time being. However, as apps are updated to work with 1.1.3, they will no longer work with Nate's jailbreak (as BigBoss stated). I am not recommending anyone to redo their jailbreak using the dev team method, I am just trying to save people trouble from having to redo it later when they can do it the first time correctly. Sorry for the confusion.

Nate's Jailbreak is incorrect. It allows users to continue running most third party apps because it does not maintain the privilege seperation between "mobile" and "root". Third party apps will work much better with this jailbreak method but when the SDK comes out and official third party apps are released, they will not be compatible. Developers need to begin recoding their apps to be compatible with the "mobile" user and the Dev Team's official jailbreak.

It is not encouraged to use Nate's Jailbreak until he posts a fix. He says that he is working on a package that will convert a device jailbroken with his method, to a device compatible with the Dev Team's method.

For more information, see the full article here.

Tutorials implementing Nate's Jailbreak are being removed from the stickies.
    Last edited by Sidetalker; 2008-02-05 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Updates
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.
    2008-02-03 06:46 PM
    Reading on the STE site, it makes it sound like some third party apps are not going to work with Dev Team jailbreak (at least not yet) because of the mobile/root thing. Is that true?
    2008-02-03 08:18 PM
    Apps will need to be updated but once they are, depending on how they are updated, they may work on dev team's jailbreak but *not* on Nate's. I would recommend that you do not run Nate's if you want future compatibility. Nate is a brilliant guy and I have the utmost respect for him, but at this point I cannot recommend running his jailbreak. Anyone that has it installed should redo everything with dev team's version ASAP.
    -BigBoss
    Please do not send me messages here as I never check them. If you need to contact me, send me an email. My contact info is easy to find from inside Cydia.
    2008-02-03 08:38 PM
    I did the devteams after using nate's
    Nate's was completely error free for me whereas the Devteam version was a bit buggy. Initially youtube didnt work neding a fix.
    Now when I try to enter pw with wpa networks i have to hit the number key twice for that keyboard to display properly to input the characters......

I noticed that there are different installs witht he dev team method.
    The most recent being version 3 which apparently fixes launchctl or something.
    What is that and should I be redoing the jailbreak to fix?

If so must I go back to 1.1.1 or can i just run the jailbreak again on my already Jb 1.1.3 phone?
    2008-02-03 09:21 PM
    well yea u have to go back to 1.1.1 and redo
    2008-02-04 12:05 AM
    I too did not have success with Dev Team JB but Nate's work's perfectly.
    2008-02-04 07:25 AM
    i doo Dev Team JB in Latvia, this take me 3 hours without success, so Nate's method is much safer and faster..
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------
    2008-02-04 09:22 AM
    I guess we all knew the risks, diving in and using the first 1.1.3 upgrade method that was out. Now here's the dilemma:-

Mine phone works fine, with everything I want working at 1.1.3, including MMS, Summerboard and so on, do I :

- wait for Nate to give us a patch/fix for this permissions issue (which so far hasn't caused me any harm) OR

- Do I downgrade back to 1.1.1/1.1.2 and do the "official" upgrade and risk stuff not working? (knowing there's now no way back to using Nate's method if I need to)
    plus with the STE server problems at the moment, there's no way of knowing if the Apps will be available to re-install again.

The advice at the moment, seems to be, if you used Nate's method, revert back and do the 1.1.3 again using the official method.

I guess I'm not the only one with this dilemma.
    Last edited by InspectorGadget171175; 2008-02-04 at 11:10 AM.
    2008-02-04 10:54 AM
    i used nate's method and my booloader did not change it is currently at 04.02.13_G if i want to go back to 112 wht do i do go back to 111 and upgrade to 112 and stay there? Please help me out
    2008-02-04 11:04 AM
    I say at this point why do anything. My phone is working perfectly. When it isn't I will make a change. If Nate fixes then great. If not and apps stop working I will go to the dev team JB.

No reason to rush anything right this second. I have a feeling at the end of the month there will be a whole other can of worms to deal with.
    2008-02-04 02:46 PM
    Well Nate's method worked perfectly and first time for me, while the official release took me 3 hours start to finish and left me with an iPhone with no applications (not even Phone, Mail, Safari, iPod).
    2008-02-04 04:23 PM
    I used Nates and everything is working fine so far except my purchased music. I will wait until there is a fix for his DRM issue or revert back to 1.1.1 and wait. The Dev Teams upgrade is seriously flawed also. Its stupid to think that Nate wont come up with a fix.
    Last edited by princemarko; 2008-02-04 at 08:12 PM.
    2008-02-04 08:06 PM
    I'm also fairly content with Nate's. The only thing not working for me is YouTube for whatever reason (keeps saying "cannot connect to YouTube"), but other than that, just everything is working.
    2008-02-05 02:54 AM
    I have been pleased with Nate's process, too, and I'm glad to read I'm not the only one with the DRM playback issue. It is effecting music and video... Anyone have/seen a fix for this?
    2008-02-07 04:34 AM
    nate jailbreak with ibrickr 113 is the best for now! if somebody follow my tutorial, everything is working + Upgrade baseband + AnySIM 1.3 + CallData [ http://klim.ru/calldata ] - work like charm, but somebody erase my tutorial
    ---
    On my phone 1.1.3 :: BB 04.03.13_G working:
    1. SMS: In-Out
    2. Calls: In-Out
    3. EDGE: Yes
    4. WiFi: Yes
    5. International Caller ID: Yes
    6. Google Locator: Yes
    7. All 3rth part apps: Yes, working!
    ---
    The difference is if you upgrede from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 - this make a problems, but if you go from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 - it's Ok
    1.1.2 + Jailbreak + iWorld ---> iBrickr 113 ---> baseband upgrade + AnySIM 13 + CallData -> Finito, all working
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 2008-02-07 at 12:46 PM.
    2008-02-07 12:38 PM
    Ok guys I understand that Nate's method worked great. This post is simply to inform you that 3rd party apps will likely begin to stop working as they are updated and certainly when the SDK is released. I am not asking anyone to downgrade and redo it, just letting you all know.
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-02-08 09:47 PM
    Ok guys I understand that Nate's method worked great. This post is simply to inform you that 3rd party apps will likely begin to stop working as they are updated and certainly when the SDK is released. I am not asking anyone to downgrade and redo it, just letting you all know.
    thanks for clearing up the confusion...

Any news on when the update will be released from nate to fix the issue? I hope it is before the official apps are out.
    2008-02-09 12:43 AM
    OK I don't understand what the difference is, I used nates method here http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358 and the last step is to install 113 via the installer. SO doesn't that install the 113 "official upgrade version" and if so what is the issue. I was very happy with my jailbroken 111 version but then things starting showing up in the update section of installer for apps I had but they required 113 (have to wonder why they showed up in update in the first place) so I said ok i'll upgrade to 113. well tried this method from guides: http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/OsX113devjailbreak
    not only could I not get it to work I ended up with abricked phone. As a last resort I tried Nates version , it rescued my phone and update to 113.

When the "Gods" decide to change architecture I wish they would keep in mind I don't want to spend my weekends unbricking my phone to upgrade.

It would seem the community is doing what Apple couldn't , destroy itself.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
    2008-02-11 06:27 AM
    i don't think so... This not make a sense how you upgrade, using nates method and upgrade or using devteams method to brick your phone and after several trys runing devtems method get to work your phone maybe normaly with f***** i don't understand these all things the phone is not working that way as the way he need to be working.
    i bricked 6 phones with devteam method, but with nates noone has bricked - but now i connot run ibrickr 113 because comunity has removed 113 soft upgrade to complete ibrickt
    2008-02-11 07:48 AM
    chill cosmo, if you bricked phones with the dev team upgrade you are a total retard... cause its not possible.

I made the difference very clear.

And hmmmmm... the 1.1.3 nate method was removed? It almost seems as if you are not supposed to use it... HMMMMMM...
    For Help

GUIDES:
    2008-02-12 01:37 AM
21 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD