Well, I went to the Apple store in Cheektawoga, NY the other day and bought a new iphone. On the bottom the seriall number is 88751, meaning it was made in week 51, of last year. After running the *3001#12345#*, it says 04.03.13_G for the modem firmware!

According to my understaning that means it's a 1.1.3 firmware, but how can that be since Apple didnt release the current firmware till after the new year???!?!?

Does this mean I'm stuck with a 1.1.3 phone I cant unlock until a newer one is released or is it possible Apple recalled the product and upgraded the firmware then reshipped it? If that is the case, would they have loaded a new bootloader onto the phone.

Do 1.1.3 ootb have a newer bootloader version than 4.6?
    2008-02-04 05:26 AM
    Well, I went to the Apple store in Cheektawoga, NY the other day and bought a new iphone. On the bottom the seriall number is 88751, meaning it was made in week 51, of last year. After running the *3001#12345#*, it says 04.03.13_G for the modem firmware!

According to my understaning that means it's a 1.1.3 firmware, but how can that be since Apple didnt release the current firmware till after the new year???!?!?

Does this mean I'm stuck with a 1.1.3 phone I cant unlock until a newer one is released or is it possible Apple recalled the product and upgraded the firmware then reshipped it? If that is the case, would they have loaded a new bootloader onto the phone.

Do 1.1.3 ootb have a newer bootloader version than 4.6?

I have exactly the same problem..

My serial is 83751, my aunt bought it for me in late january from vegas from an Apple store. Checked the firmware and its a bloody 4.03.13G so i was pretty pissed..

some are saying that week51 phones are 1.1.2, but how can i check it by dialing that *30xx*12345*# number?? it only says the BB but not the FV.. am i correct in saying that the 4.03.13 = 1.1.3 OTB? i downgraded it to 1.1.1 and then oktoprep > 1.1.2 > 1.1.3 jailbroken..

to my understanding, the only way to unlock at this point in time for ANY 4.03.13 phone is through the hardware method because this means the bootloader is 4.6? would a turbosim or one of those sim things work for 1.1.3OTB, 4.03.13G, week 51? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THEY UPDATED THE FIRMWARE BEFORE THE PHONE WAS MADE? it was in the wrapper, but the first thing i did when i opened it was check its firmware and it was a 4.03.13.

so technically, any phone after weeks 1.1.2 w45-ish have the 4.6 bootloader and requires the HW method, but with 1.1.3, the only way is to crack open the damn thing?
    2008-02-04 06:35 PM
    Ya, this is crazy. I can only figure that Apple may have re-opened some stock after the release of 1.1.3, updated them and re-wrapped them.

So you successfully jailbroke it and have it back at 1.1.3?

I just assumed that the 3 in the modem firmware meant that it was the new 1.1.3 that cant be unlocked yet. Does the H/W unlock method work for 1.1.3 ootb as well as 1.1.2?

Anyone?????
    2008-02-04 09:07 PM
    are both of you AT&T Users?
    2008-02-05 04:58 PM
    are both of you AT&T Users?
    highly doubt it, as they are mad and want to unlock it...

either way, that must be what they did. i have a week 51iphone that i bought on january 1st and its a 1.1.2otb for sure. just wait and hope for a sim solution or something because no unlock will come soon enough or ever and hardware method doesn't work on 4.03.13_G baseband
    2008-02-05 05:24 PM
    nah im not with at&t

yep, i jailbreaked 1.1.3 no issues.. just followed the steps for the 1.1.2 otb (downgrade to 1.1.1 then oktoprep then upgrade to 1.1.2 then upgraded to 1.1.3 jailbroken directly..

but still whats the point for having a bloody iphone if we can just use it as a touch.. went to the shops today and they told me that our firmware (4.03.13) cant be hw unlocked either, so at the moment were stuck dead.. he also tried the turbo sim and it didnt work for our fw version.. so yeah..

just hoping for a hw or sw lock soon for 4.03.13.. anything..
    edit: ACTUALLY i just reread some things, says that 1.1.3 otb can be unlocked using TP.. so.. is this correct???

but im just annoyed that week 51, 07 came with 1.1.3otb...
    Last edited by jo3lam; 2008-02-05 at 06:32 PM. Reason: additional question
    2008-02-05 06:20 PM
    it wasn't supposed to be 1.1.3otb. they opened it and updated it then sold it to you. jus sit tight for this month because right after a real 1.1.3 jailbreak and sdk release a new stealthsim should be released and that will get ur phone functions going. its not that bad and it works atleast
    2008-02-05 06:58 PM
    it wasn't supposed to be 1.1.3otb. they opened it and updated it then sold it to you. jus sit tight for this month because right after a real 1.1.3 jailbreak and sdk release a new stealthsim should be released and that will get ur phone functions going. its not that bad and it works atleast
    yer hopefully thats the right way to go.. thanks mate, makes me "feel" better haha even though it might be a while? when is it gonna be released? late feb? ill be back in australia and people charge loads for those things.. im in hong kong now.. so it sucks how i couldnt do it while i was here
    2008-02-06 04:14 AM
    Just to clarify, I'm not mad, just confused and maybe a little irritated. So to clarify, they opened up the phone and updated it before they sold it to me. That should mean that it was a 1.1.2 ootb, with bootloader 4.6, right?? (before they upgraded it) Doesnt that mean that I can downgrade the baseband and unlock it when the Dev team 4.6 bootloader anysim is released at the end of the month???
    2008-02-06 05:00 AM
    Just to clarify, I'm not mad, just confused and maybe a little irritated. So to clarify, they opened up the phone and updated it before they sold it to me. That should mean that it was a 1.1.2 ootb, with bootloader 4.6, right?? (before they upgraded it) Doesnt that mean that I can downgrade the baseband and unlock it when the Dev team 4.6 bootloader anysim is released at the end of the month???
    so youre saying that our phones are actually 1.1.2 OTB, but then they opened it, updated it to 1.1.3 with BB 04.03.13_G with BL 4.6.. So technically, its a 1.1.2 OTB with BL 4.6? That would be possible, but then i reckon they wouldve sent it back to the factory and updated it there and not use iTunes lol and so actually its still a 4.03.13 OTB.. just made in week 51..

where does it say the 4.6BL anysim is gonna be released at the end of the month? man this is annoying.. theres something on ebay/word around that 1.1.3 otb xsim is out.. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-6-0-XSIM-Unl...QQcmdZViewItem

so argh.. ill prob just wait till the end of the month, but what will happen if we downgrade the BB like a 1.1.2 otb if its actualy a 1.1.3 otb?

actually.. you know what??

is your phone jailbroken??

i have a jailbroken 1.1.3 now.. but i started off with a jailbroken 1.1.1, but get this.. i followed the how to jailbreak ur 1.1.2 otb iphone on.. http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=461

and it worked without any problems

i just realised... so im taking that it actually is a 1.1.2 OTB..

so i say downgrade the BB.. and then wait for the anysim for the 4.6BL rjsummer? btw whats ur msn?
    Last edited by jo3lam; 2008-02-06 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-06 06:44 PM
    Well that sounds good if it can be done. CAN we downgrade the baseband? We are all waiting for the 1.1.2 ootb unlock that has the 4.6 bootloader and 4.2.13 or whatever later this month. So if there is an anysim for 4.3.13, bootloader 4.6, doesnt that mean when its released later this month that we can downgrade the ones we bought and unlock em?
    My msn is <<<[email protected]>>>
    2008-02-08 03:01 AM
    Stuff That Boyss...!! Its Out!!
    2008-02-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD