Ok so i did the 1.1.3 jailbreak through install.app, it downloaded the image did everything, jailbroke it, and installed it. the phone rebooted and looked fine. I oppend installer, it says an update is available(while in jailbroken 1.1.3) i updated installer, when it restarted springboard. it went to the "connect to itunes to activate" i did. iTunes tells me "There is a problem with your iPhone. We're sorry, the iphone you connected may be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple store for more information. To find your nearest Apple store, click here."

Um. I'm scared lol please help.

Sorry for the double post. ok so this is sorta funny. My phone still wants me to activate it and itunes still has the problem. but i can receive calls and make calls through "slide for emergency" i can also get access to the photos in windows and with iPhoneBrowser 1.5 i can brows the files... um... yeah help lol.
    Last edited by CabooseLoL; 2008-02-05 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-05 07:49 AM
    i ran into this problem.

to at least get your phone back to a normal working iphone here is how.

With this you can get to a jailbroken 1.1.1, a jailbroken 1.1.2, and a jailed 1.1.3

put the phone into DFU mode by connecting it to iTunes and letting it take you to the "Your iPhone may be damaged" screen. Once there begin holding both the home and power buttons until the iphone icon disapears off the itunes sidebar, then let go of the power button but KEEP HOLDING the home button until you itunes tells you it has found an iphone in restore mode and will let you restore.
    2008-02-05 08:14 AM
    I had and actually still have a smiliar problem. I jailbroke to 1.1.3, and everything looked good. The phone works flawlessly. The only problem is the itunes problem you are having. It gives me the same error. I wish it wouldn't, since the phone works perfectly.

Does anyone know of any remedy to this problem? I feel like I am the only one that's run into this situation, as I i've searched the forums with no luck.
    2008-02-06 01:43 AM
    Have you upgraded your itunes to 7.6 yet? if not, i would!!!
    2008-02-06 02:50 AM
    im having this problem too, ive gotten it 2 times. once with the nate true and then now with the official method of jailbreaking 1.1.3. it works fine for about a week then fails... help?
    2008-02-09 06:03 AM
    Dont get scared,just get it on DFU mode , restore it back to 113 and start all over
    2008-02-09 07:04 AM
    does any body have the youtube problem after the 113 unlock it keeps telling me to connect to itunes with an internet connection i had the same problem as you guys just restor all over youll be fine thats the only problem i got when i finished was the youtube not working
    2008-02-09 07:31 AM
    i ran into this problem.

to at least get your phone back to a normal working iphone here is how.

With this you can get to a jailbroken 1.1.1, a jailbroken 1.1.2, and a jailed 1.1.3

put the phone into DFU mode by connecting it to iTunes and letting it take you to the "Your iPhone may be damaged" screen. Once there begin holding both the home and power buttons until the iphone icon disapears off the itunes sidebar, then let go of the power button but KEEP HOLDING the home button until you itunes tells you it has found an iphone in restore mode and will let you restore.
    Hi I'm new to the forum and recently purchased an OTB 16gb 1.1.3 unlocked OTB from craigslist. I'm having the same exact error when connecting to itunes and was wondering by you saying returning to a "normal" does that mean it will only work with AT&T and that I'll lose everything by going back to the original 1.1.3 that came with the phone thus not being able to use it with T-Mobile (my carrier)?
    2008-02-26 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD