User Tag List

so I bought a bricked iphone off an acquaintance with the hope that I can get it running again. He tried doing a firmware upgrade and bricked it, now when you turn it on you just get the apple picture with the usb cable

what I've tried doing so far is put the iphone in DFU mode while connected and with itunes running. Try to do the restore function through itunes and I continually get the 1604 error after a few minutes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes with the same result. I uninstalled the latest itunes and installed 7.5, tried loading 1.1.4 which I'm guessing is pretty close to finishing when I get a 1011 error

any suggestions? i'm at my wits end here
    2008-08-23 12:42 AM
    Don't worry...You'll be alright. I've done this on two phones already...worked both times.

Just follow this guide:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...0-1-1-4-a.html

GoodLuck.
    2008-08-23 01:00 AM
    thanks for the link, unfortunately I'm still not able to get it running

I followed that guide and when at the KiPhone step, KiPhone gets stuck saying something about incorrect secpack, waiting for data and doesn't do anything after that.

any suggestions? thanks
    2008-08-24 12:40 AM
    thanks for the link, unfortunately I'm still not able to get it running

I followed that guide and when at the KiPhone step, KiPhone gets stuck saying something about incorrect secpack, waiting for data and doesn't do anything after that.

any suggestions? thanks
    That's ok..I happened sometimes. Just reboot your computer....then run Kiphone...it should work then. Good Luck.
    2008-08-24 09:44 AM
    rebooted, still no go

bah, any other suggestions?

thanks
    2008-08-27 02:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD