I followed "The Guide" to jailbreak 2.02 so that's all done.

I have some apps now that I want to install/sync but apparently I need to SSH and do that mobileinstallation rename?? etc etc?

(Excuse the newbie ignorance)

Winscp doesn't work for me and Total Commander doesn't allow root access - is it a firmware problem?

Thank you in advance.
    2008-08-24 11:58 AM
    Why doesnt WinSCP work for you ? have you installed openssh ?

Have a look at FileZilla Portable | PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB drives its very good

Looking at your post ...

...apparently I need to SSH and do that mobileinstallation rename?? etc etc?
    you are trying to install hacked .ipa's ?
    2008-08-24 12:45 PM
    Yes I have installed Open SSH and yes, .ipa's?

Click your link?
    2008-08-24 12:51 PM
    Would you go on a car site and say 'my car doesn't start' and expect people to know what's wrong with it?
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-08-24 01:38 PM
    Of course not.

Pretty much, I simply can't SSH into my Iphone.
    2008-08-24 01:48 PM
    You have the correct ip in WinSCP for your iPhone , yes ?

Settings/WiFi/(Network you are connected on press right arrow)/IP Address

?
    2008-08-24 04:15 PM
    Yes I have installed Open SSH and yes, .ipa's?

Click your link?
    .ipa's are the apps from the app store
    -Nicole
    2008-08-24 06:50 PM
    try goin into terminal and typimg rm /Users/whateveryourusernameis/.ssh/known_hosts

than try to ssh in.. also you may not want to talk about the mobileinstallation and hacked .ipas in this forum, they kind of frown upon it.. there are many other forums that u can talk freely about it though, not sure if I can link to them or not, so i am goin to play it safe and not
    2008-08-24 07:02 PM
    try goin into terminal and typimg rm /Users/whateveryourusernameis/.ssh/known_hosts

than try to ssh in.. also you may not want to talk about the mobileinstallation and hacked .ipas in this forum, they kind of frown upon it.. there are many other forums that u can talk freely about it though, not sure if I can link to them or not, so i am goin to play it safe and not
    My thoughts exactly...most of the places that you were able to talk about them freely were shut down also
    -Nicole
    2008-08-24 07:41 PM
    Thanks for your input guys - I will give them a shot.

I have been obtaining my IP from iPhoneIP ~ Your IP address in your iPhone as I cannot get it through my WiFi settings on my phone. I have a feeling it could be my IP too.
    2008-08-25 11:02 AM
    Thanks for your input guys - I will give them a shot.

I have been obtaining my IP from iPhoneIP ~ Your IP address in your iPhone as I cannot get it through my WiFi settings on my phone. I have a feeling it could be my IP too.
    Feel free to PM me if you are having trouble DarkConcept
    2008-08-25 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD