User Tag List

Okay so I'm kinda stuck at 1.0.2, apparently bricked. A user told me i have to virginize my phone somehow since my slider doesn't work at all. The touch screen doesn't even respond. So is there any way to virginize the iPhone through a PC or a Mac? Without doing anything on the iPhone? Because that would be a lifesaver.

Thanks,
    Makin.

Is anyone gonna help me? This is very irritating.

Is anyone gonna help me? This is very irritating.
    Last edited by dahab92; 2008-02-10 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-10 05:25 PM
    Okay so I'm kinda stuck at 1.0.2, apparently bricked. A user told me i have to virginize my phone somehow since my slider doesn't work at all. The touch screen doesn't even respond. So is there any way to virginize the iPhone through a PC or a Mac? Without doing anything on the iPhone? Because that would be a lifesaver.

Thanks,
    Makin.
    If you using a Mac, try to get a program called Independence. Connect your iPhone to the computer, run Independence and see if it can kick it out slumber. You should have iTunes lower than ver 7.6 to get Independence to work. It should tell you the status of your phone. If not, you have to restore your phone using DFU method(holding the home and power button simultaneously, then after 10 secs let go of the power button only until you see a yellow triangle saying "Connect to iTunes". You also have to have a copy of firmware 1.0.2 somewhere in your mac so you'll be able to point it there when you restore. If you are planning on uprgrading to 1.1.1, you'll have to virginize your phone first. The instructions are here: http://www.iphone.unlock.no
    You have a bit of hacking to do but it's not that hard. Good luck!
    2008-02-11 08:31 PM
    Thanks bro i'll get to a Mac ASAP
    2008-02-14 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD