Ok, i had a 1.1.2 otb and it got screwed up and the computer wouldnt recognize it so i restored it and now its 1.1.3 with 4.6 bootloader. So i followed the tutorial to downgrade to 1.1.1 and i successfully downgraded to 1.1.1 and then when i go to boot it with ibrickr i keep getting the green screen. I have restored to 1.1.3 3 times now and then downgraded again and i keep getting the green screen. Please help. I cant seem to get it to boot. Should i just restore to 1.1.1 after getting the green screen?
    8GB iPhone 3G
    Expensive but lovin
    2008-02-10 07:25 PM
    hey, you need to restore to 1.1.1 twice, so put your phone in dfu mode, then restore to 1.1.1, then on Itunes it will come as a phone in recovery mode again, then after that restore to 1.1.1 again then once that's done reboot it with ibricker
    2008-02-10 07:39 PM
    You have to do it in DFU mode ...maKE SURE YOU ARE THERE..IF NOT YOU'LL GET SAME ALL THE TIME
    2008-02-10 10:27 PM
    DFU mode is all about timing remember!
    2008-02-10 11:11 PM
    what method did you use to downgrade? I'm stuck on 1.1.3 Iphone with bl 4.6 and i can't downgrade to 1.1.1 i always get an error 1
    2008-02-11 02:07 AM
    what method did you use to downgrade? I'm stuck on 1.1.3 Iphone with bl 4.6 and i can't downgrade to 1.1.1 i always get an error 1
    Same problem here. It will not ask me for a restore after I get an error code 1 while I try to restore to 1.1.1
    2008-02-11 04:06 AM
    was having same prob, here is what got me thru

*********This is how to achieve DFU mode. You can do it on every phone:
    Attach the phone to the pc
    Turn the phone off
    Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.************

It is exactly 10 and you won't see a display on the phone.
    It had to use ibrickr to get out of the first restore mode.
    2008-02-11 05:18 AM
    thanx jtrage
    i jailbroke my cousins iPhone that he is bringing to Greece because of your tip.
    that was driving me crazy.
    2008-02-11 09:47 AM

Turn the phone off
    Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.

i've tried this and i still have the same error 1, could it be because I am using itunes 7.6 i've tried this on window's and on a mac.

Turn the phone off

i've tried this and i still have the same error 1, could it be because I am using itunes 7.6 i've tried this on window's and on a mac.

Turn the phone off

i've tried this method of dfu mode but i still get error 1 i've tried it on a mac and on windows. Is there a certain itunes version im supposed to be using?

Turn the phone off

i've tried this method of dfu mode but i still get error 1 i've tried it on a mac and on windows. Is there a certain itunes version im supposed to be using?

i've tried the dfu mode you just explained but I still get error 1 on a mac and windows is there a certain version of itunes im supposed to be using? im using 7.6
    Last edited by karim7; 2008-02-11 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-02-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD