So, today, my mom couldn't get any reception from AT&T and the "phone" (just the phone part) was not working at ALL. I was doing some searching about it and then she accidentally upgraded from 1.1.2 (originally being 1.1.2 OTB) to 1.1.3, so I restored to 1.1.1, did the oktoprep, upgraded to 1.1.2, activated & jailbroke the iPhone and now I am stuck with the same message, no reception and the message that keeps popping up says
    "The iPhone must be used with an approved sim."
    I've searched google from page 1 to 10, and yet, all of them have something to do with unlocking the phone. My mom knows nothing about this stuff so I'm sure she didn't accidentally unlocked it and something screwed up. I have not did anything near unlocking the phone either, it was originally a 1.1.2 OTB and I want to get this phone part of the iPhone working on AT&T.
    Any ideas? This is like an ASAP thing, I just can't possibly wait a week for an answer.

Thanks,
    Sam

Update: I've tried putting my SIM card in her iPhone and the same message comes up, so this possibly has something to do with the iPhone and not the SIM cards, also, I tried exchanging my SIM card cart with hers and yet we get the same message, so this narrows a few things. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by chaotic taco; 2008-02-12 at 04:06 PM.
    2008-02-12 07:45 AM
    Restoring phone to 1.1.3 factory should resolve any of those issues. If not try running the new iphone utility here: http://www.modmyi.com/cmps_index.php#top

This is assuming you have already tried the simple stuff like reset network on the iphone etc. OH and BTW. only the orig. sim will work with that iphone .
    2008-02-12 08:33 AM
    Restoring phone to 1.1.3 factory should resolve any of those issues. If not try running the new iphone utility here: http://www.modmyi.com/cmps_index.php#top

This is assuming you have already tried the simple stuff like reset network on the iphone etc. OH and BTW. only the orig. sim will work with that iphone .
    Thanks,
    I'm gonna try restoring it to 1.1.3, like you said, and then use ZiPhone to activate and unlock (we're switching to T-Mobile next week) it. Hopefully this works.
    2008-02-12 10:20 PM
    I restored to 1.1.3, used the ZiPhone tool, and only activated and unlocked it, the iPhone automatically rebooted after proccess and it was still on activation screen. I ran ZiPhone again and checked everything including Jailbreak and ran it again. This time, it rebooted and stayed on the Apple, the iPhone is not even starting up, iTunes wont recognize the iPhone like nothing is even connected.
    All I see is an Apple and I can only reboot it to get the same Apple.

I think I just bricked it, can some please help?!
    Last edited by chaotic taco; 2008-02-12 at 11:59 PM.
    2008-02-12 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD