from what i have been reading and reading around the forum that each of the jailbreaking/pwning apps have different ways of doing it.

i currently have a 2g iphone (original) unlocked and jailbroken using ziphone and iLiberty, and is running a 1.1.4 FW.

couple days ago people started using quickpwn to jailbreak(?) theyre phones. and im not so sure but i think quickpwn is just for jailbreaking NOT FOR UNLOCKING.am i correct?

so question is can if i update my current iphone to 2.0.2. can i use quickpwnRC3 to jailbreak it? and what do i need to unlock my iphone to be used with another mobile carrier?thanks.

somebody pls be kind enough to help me. im such a noob on this scene and i did my research and the more i read around the forum the more i get confused on what to use or follow. thanks in advance

OT: im using windows vista 64bit and itunes 7.7.1.11
    2008-08-28 06:17 PM
    Restore in iTunes to 2.0.2 and then use Quickpwn RC3 to jailbreak the phone. After that download Bootneuter from Cydia to unlock it.
    2008-08-28 06:19 PM
    Restore in iTunes to 2.0.2 and then use Quickpwn RC3 to jailbreak the phone. After that download Bootneuter from Cydia to unlock it.
    wow sound so simple...ill give it a try...any chance that ill be losing my contacts,messages,video video files on mxtube? if yes, anyway to back it up and restore it afteR? thanks for that
    2008-08-28 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD