After I finish my updates with pwnage tool I restore my phone with itunes, so all my app store purchased and downloaded applications and settings are back in my iphone. However, I have to re-download all the cydia applications and reorganize them again in the iphone screens. Is there a way to backup and restore cydia applications to avoid this process?
    Thanks
    2008-08-28 07:38 PM
    Yes and No.
    Yes, if you know how to edit the springboard plist.
    2008-08-28 07:54 PM
    ya there is. i'm working on the vid right now to put it on youtube. but u need to kno how to ssh into ur phone or ipod. if u want me to send u the text instructions let me kno.
    2008-11-22 12:35 AM
    the actual apps themself is hard to do. but if you want to just have the packages reinstall themselves when you start again download and do a little research on this app....aptbackup. hope it helps
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2008-11-22 01:12 AM
    the actual apps themself is hard to do. but if you want to just have the packages reinstall themselves when you start again download and do a little research on this app....aptbackup. hope it helps
    another backup app is Chronus. It doesn't backup the actual apps either.

this is a quote from the actual app:

"Chronus is a replacement of TimeCapsule for firmware 2.x. Chronus backups and restore states/settings of applications from AppStore and Cydia/Installer"
    2008-11-26 05:07 AM
    may be just me aptbackup don't work for me, but just like i said, may be just me.
    but i will check out chronus, thanks!!
    2008-11-26 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD