User Tag List

I bought my iPhone already unlocked at version 1.0.2 but want to upgrade to 1.1.1 to allow me to sync my brother's new Nano which requires iTunes 7.4

I followed the step-by-step guide for virginizing the iPhone but when I came to section 2 "Upgrading 1.0.2 to 1.1.1" I've hit a problem. http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Upg...Phone_to_1.1.1

When I try to do the second part where you have to enter the IP address and password, I get an error message pop up stating :-
    " FAILED
    Host verification failed.
    Would you like iNdependence to try and fix this for you by editing /Users/johnsmith/.ssh/known_hosts?"

If I select YES, it then pops up with :-
    "FAILED
    Couldn't remove entry from /Users/johnsmith/.ssh/known_hosts. Please edit that file by hand and remove the line containing your phone's IP address.

If someone could please shed some light on my problem and explain what I've done incorrectly in the simplest terms, I would be eternally grateful as I'm not too hot on the technical stuff.

Progress....I think I've solved the above problem but I've run into a new one!!!
    I got the iPhone ready for the 1.1.1 firmware upgrade (I think) but in the meantime, I've managed to upgrade iTunes to v7.6 by mistake (I am new to this!). So following a forum search, I uninstalled 7.6 and installed 7.4 but now my iPhone isn't recognized by the 7.4 iTunes. If I try to restore the iPhone, it wants to upgrade to 1.1.3 and 7.6.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
    Last edited by wozza; 2008-02-16 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Progress
    2008-02-16 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD