Hi i hav a question, i cnt seem to find the answer anywhere, i have a 1.1.4 2g iphone and wish to use winpwn

b4 using winpwn 2.5 must i update to 2.0 or higher fw using itunes???

or will winpwn update the fw for me?
    2008-08-30 06:11 AM
    if you create the custom firmware with Winpwn then put phone in DFU and use iTunes to update you should be OK,

You could update first with iTunes to a clean version of FW2.0,2 but if you put phone in DFU I can't see amy reason why you should need to do it twice.

Make sure you've got the latest version of iTunes though

IphoneCrazy

And you'll be beter setting up as new phone when done,
    2008-08-30 06:56 AM
    oh really, cool thanks a lot ay

i supose that means, wen u use basic mode in winpwn 2.5, wen it goes "select the firmware for pwnage" it means what one do i want to get (2.0, 2.0.1 etc), not which 1 do i have on my fone????? is that correct

sooo you said i will only have to update once, when is this?? after or b4 using the winpwn wizard?

sorry im pretti nub
    Last edited by Blitzskee; 2008-08-30 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2008-08-30 07:02 AM
    Pwnage doesn't update your phone. You don't need a phone to use it.

iTunes updates your phone.
    Pwnage creates a firmware for iTunes to use.

There is no connection between pwnage and your iPhone.

I hope that helps.
    2008-08-30 10:16 AM
    thanks 4 the reply i actually managed 2 figure it out myself between posts, but i hope your post helps other users

it took me ages because the guide on
    Winpwn 2.5 Guide - iPhone News & Review

wasnt detailed enough for me
    plus in the instructions is says nothing about holding shift when pressing restore in itunes so i almost updated 2 the original 2.0.2 version

also you have to download the 2.0.2 original firmware as a file from hackintosh so winpwn can use that which i had to find out 4 myself i hope that helps other users as well
    if you want a little bit more help check out this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwwLyzKUfRY]YouTube - NEW WINPWN 2.5 JAILBREAK ANY 2.0 FIRMWARE TUTORIAL[/ame]
    2008-09-01 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD