Okay Ive got an iphone that I am trying to fix. Not sure what was downloaded but owner just claims it just happened. Phone wont turn on, just a black screen. tried to restore it an I got a 1602 error. Uninstalled itunes and winpwn. Redownloaded 2.04 winpwn and 2.01ispw. Tried to restore it after using winpwn agian and now Im getting this "the "ipod" ipod could not be restored. An error occured (5)."

Why is itunes showing the iphone as a ipod???

What can i do...im so lost. thanks
    2008-08-31 06:01 AM
    First off, the phone is turning on if your getting it to connect to Itunes. Im assuming you meant it wont boot.

If its connected and only showing a black screen, its probably in DFU mode.

Anyways, your problem (error 1602) is most likely caused by the fact that you arent restoring the phone to the proper firmware version. You MUST use the SAME firmware version that was currently installed before the phone "died".

Can you ask the guy you got it from? Do you happen to know? Possibly try different versions and maybe have some luck.
    2008-08-31 08:28 AM
    connect the iphone to your computer and press and hold down the home + power button until itune recognizes it and the iphone shows the white cable on the screen then release it....it worked for me.
    My Arrival Was Imminent!
    2008-08-31 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD