hey everyone I'm a newbie so please go easy on me. I currently have an iPhone I purchased with firmware 1.1.1. I used ipsf to unlock/activate phone (on tmobile). I used the ipsf method to upgrade to 1.1.2 and would like to now upgrade to 1.1.3. I am looking for the best way and simpliest way to upgrade. Please include detailed instructions and anything I should be careful with. I have searched slot of forums and there are so many different people saying which way to upgrade but I haven't found much relating upgrading on a ipsf iPhone. Re ziphone method looks great but I have read different ways to use it but non pertaining to a ipsf unlocked phone. Please help I greatly appreciate it! Also can you let me know of any features that do not work with the upgrade ie google maps locate, etc etc
    2008-02-20 07:27 PM
    I had IPSF unlocked phone that was running 1.1.2
    I used iTunes to RESTORE the firmware to 1.1.3
    Then I used ZiPhone 2.4 http://www.downloadziphone.org/ to Jailbreak and activate.

It worked like a charm. Note that I used a mac.

Iv got 2 iPhones working with this method. First i tried a different method that didnt work, Independence wont work with IPSF phones.

Im hardly on modmyi, im quite busy but if anyone wants help with a IPSF phone and uses a mac id be pleased to help them, drop me an email at
    help(at)vortexlabs.co.uk
    2008-02-22 11:42 AM
    I also unlocked my phone with IPSF and upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.1.1, through 1.1.2 with no problems.. I did an upgrade to 1.1.3 which relocked the phone and then just plugged it in to Ziphone 2.4 and it was jailbroken and unlocked with no issues in less than teh 4 minutes it tells you to wait
    2008-02-22 01:23 PM
    Ok..
    but what if I upgraded my IPSF 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 using Nate's True guide...
    what is the best way to go back to 1.1.1 or 2 for that mater...
    so I can jumt to 1.1.3 using this method.
    2008-02-22 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD